Different head color from body...

WWWEEE

Getting this very frustrating problem where the head color is different from the body..

My mods in this order:

UOP

UOP vampire aging & face fix

Open citadel door fix

DLC ShiveringIsles

UOP ShiveringIsles

Apachii Goddess store

Knights

Knights UOP

P1Dkeychain

Alternate Start

MidasSpells

Nec Mystic high elf

Ren beauty pack

My OMOD:

Darnified UI

HGEC Body....(Nude, normal, E Cup)

Key chain

Midas Magic spells

I am using the steam version of Oblivion, I do apply and reapply BSA redirection.

Any Help with this would be great. Sorry if it's hard to see the picture.

Forgot to mention that I am using High Rez skin textures for HGEC by Ozmo

Edited by WWWEEE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Steam you also need to hit Reset BSA Timestamps and then click Update Now for BSA Redirection to work. Steam in their infinite wisdom changed the dates on all the vanilla BSA files, thus breaking archive invalidation for all their victims ... err I mean users.

Striker means that, BEFORE hitting Update Now, you need to hit the Reset BSA Timestamps button, and THEN the Update Now button. But yours is not an Archive Invalidation issue.

The image you posted is too small to see anything, but judging from what is barely visible there and the fact you use Mystic Elves and Ren's Beauty Pack, what you have is simply the Neck Seam. Your cosmetic mods are way too old and from the era when even thinking about diminishing the Neck Seam was untinkable. Worse than, you are using mismatched body (the tattooed skin) and head textures. Most likely the head textures does not come from the same pack as the body texture.

If you don't want to switch to Oblivion Character Overhaul v2.3 (which will render Mystic Elves and Ren's Beauty Pack unusable) and/or the Seamless Series, look for "Neck Seam" in the Search box at the Nexus Oblivion Mods site.

Cheers!

And also the Reset BSA Timestamps??

If you even look too hard at the tone slider when creating a character you'll get more visible neckseams. I see Ike is also on here so he'll give a good description of the steps needed in character creation to reduce the neckseam. Additionally there are a new Seamless series of mods you may want to check out. The Seamless Equipment page has links to all the rest of the mods, and a good description outlining the problem's causes.

- Edit - ... +1 :ninja: for Ike

Edited by Striker879

I told you, Striker, take a gasoline shower so I will not detect you five kilometers afar with your Patchouli.

Wee, when creating your character, the first thing you need to do in order to minimise the neck seam is to go to the Face tab of Chargen, and hit the Reset Face button.

Then, use only the Shape sliders and the Age and Complexion ones. Do not even think about using the Tone sliders, they will create an outstanding neck seam.

Which version of the High Rez skins are you using? The newer version is the one listed THE LAST when using the Search box at the Mods site. And even with the latest version, if you pay attention to the pictures you will see there is a neck seam in them, minimised because Ozmo knew about the Tone sliders and he used HDR lightning when taking the screenshots.

Cheers!

You two are definitely advocates of the BSA redirection, but I can understand, a simple solution to most problems here. They have a fix for that? Haha! Haven't modded in years. I remember just dealing with it or at least there wasn't a popular mod to fix it. I don't see why the two would not be the same. Both of them are using the "Ren's beauty pack" which I installed manually. The only thing I could think of is by using "High Rez textures for HGEC", it made the two different.. Only thing I could think of, and outdated? Doubt it. just downloaded HGEC with the most current version. So it's probably the High Rez textures for HGEC. The installer did have "boxes" for Ren mystic elf and Nec remake. Is there a more recent version of High rez textures for HGEC?

Sorry, Wee, I was wrong, I had my Search sorting inverted. The latest HGEC High-Rez textures is 4.4e, I assume that's what you have.

But yes, most of the beauty mods you have are outdated.

The current trend is installing either Oblivion Character Overhaul v2.3 for a realistic, not "cute", look on NPCs, and then the Seamless packs for your head and face settings. Let's say you don't want to use OCO, but stick to Ren's Beauty Pack:

Get rid of the High-Rez textures. They are not Seamless-Mended.

Be sure you have your base HGEC Body Replacer installed, with the Stock Clothing and Armor installed too.

Go to the Seamless Equipment Repository and read thoroughly it. Once you have read it, select the adequate Packs for your setting (You need, for Ren's Beauty Pack, the Vanilla and Classics Edition of the Seamless Heads Series).

Follow Movomo's and Jukacc's instructions and guidelines.

Forget about using any other texture replacer that does not comes with the "Seamless" prefix in its name.

Even with the Seamless Series, ALWAYS follow my advice about the Reset Face and the Tone Sliders when in Chargen.

Cheers!

To me, it sounds like I should let go of Ren's beauty pack. I will just use OCO v2, seems like an easier alternative. So High Rez textures will not work with OCO v2? Is it recommended to get just the base or maybe a pack that comes with a skeleton?

Edited by WWWEEE