Different head color from body...

WWWEEE

On the subject of EVE's ESPs it's OK to leave them activated. The HGEC portion of EVE is like all other versions of HGEC and doesn't require an ESP to work (just archive invalidation). The equipment replacer portion of EVE needs the ESPs to enable female versions of male only armor (for example in the vanilla game females and males both wear the same steel cuirass ... EVE uses it's EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp to enable female versions of those male only vanilla armors, same with the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine ESPs).

One caveat ... if you use either SI or KotN EVE ESP they must go below the SI and KotN ESPs in your load order.

Much to get your head around, but given time it will be second nature.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Wee!

You can install Growlf's Skeleton at any moment, but I recommend leaving it for right before installing the Seamless things.

I don't use BBB animations, so it's Striker's terrain.

Yep, install everything EVE includes, later the textures will be overwritten with the Seamless (or Ozmo's) textures, but for testing purposes (you NEED to test each installation before adding the following) you need to install the whole EVE package.

Remember to write down in a piece of paper your choice of EVE body options, because you need to know it when installing the HGEC Seamless Equipment and body.

I need to go to bed now, I'm under Central Europe Time, so it's two in the morning here. Later will check if you survived the ordeal, which I mostly doubt, but you look a tough guy (your Jeff Bridges avatar is awesome), so perhaps I find you alive and well here. That is, if you can stand Striker's choices in perfumes.

Good night!

Cheers!

Nope BBB animations are separate, in fact if you don't want to see BBB then just install the skeleton.nif but not the BBB animation replacer and you'll be good to go for any HGEC armor out there.

I recommend NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer. If you use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) download and install the OMOD version (second from the top in the downloads). It has a script that walks you through the various options. If you don't use OBMM then download the Manual Install version and extract it to a folder and I'll walk you through the install (looks very complex but if you follow a few simple rules it's not so bad).

Even if you use the OMOD version for your initial install I recommend downloading and extracting the manual install version. You can use the files from it to customize with different breathing and bounce for different animations (with the OMOD script you get one flavour for all the animations ... I'm all about variety).

- Edit - To look at him, you'd never guess Ike has such a mean streak, would you. :laugh: Sleep well my friend.

Edited by Striker879

Alright, Ike, i will keep you updated on my, hopefully, smooth transition. Thanks! Jeff Bridges is my favorite. Striker, after I install the skeleton, Ike, recommended. So for seamless equipment, a separate BBB animation is not required, just the skeleton that is BBB ready?

I do use OBMM so If I download NoMaaM BBB animation replacer, I will be using the OMOD version.

OK good ... OBMM is how I cut my teeth in this game and it still serves well today for getting Oblivion modding off the ground floor.

For BBB to work as intended it needs the extra "bones" added to the skeleton.nif and BBBed animations to move those "bones" (ya ... breast bones, that's what we've got here). Meshes like bodies, clothes and armor are rigged to those bones when they are created (or converted to BBB in many cases for older mods). What happens if you try to wear (or an NPC tries to wear) BBBed clothes\armor\bodies without the proper BBBed skeleton.nif you get the infamous "boobs to infinity" problem. With the skeleton plus BBBed clothes/armor/bodies but no BBBed animations you just get everything looking normal except no bouncy parts. The system needs all three pieces to work as intended.

As it comes out of the box, the EVE body I linked isn't BBBed, but BBBed versions of the HGEC body come with the Seamless Equipment HGEC Edition mod, as well as BBBed versions of most of the clothes/armor. At this point it really doesn't matter which size EVE you choose as all that will be left from EVE after installing all the Seamless stuff is the few things that aren't included in the Seamless package but are included with EVE's equipment replacer (not much I think ... maybe some SI stuff, will need to look at it to be sure). I tend to do a lot of size mix and match as I play male characters. If you play female characters then all females will be the same size as far as clothes/armor/bodies is concerned (that can be changed through Blockhead and mods, but we're venturing into more advanced stuff than is required at this point).

So to recap ... BBBed skeleton.nif and HGEC body/clothing/armor replacer are the minimum required, and if you want to have BBBs then add NoMaaM.

Ok great. Thanks for explaining this in depth.

Question, I am installing the Roberts Male body replacer, I am using the OMOD version. It is asking me if i want "to install custom head meshes", yes or no to that? Also, following the OMOD version of Robert's male body replacer, do I need to add the Male outfit replacer or is that already installed with the OMOD?

Edited by WWWEEE

I just looked through the manual install package and the only head related meshes I see are Dark Elf ears. In any case you will be using OCO v2 head resources after getting it installed, so anything that you chose from Roberts will be overwritten by OCO v2. My own manually installed Roberts male includes those Dark Elf ears, so I guess the answer is "yes" (and don't worry, if need be it's a simple file swap later to straighten out any tangles).

Okay. I wasn't sure, so I didn't activate it all the way.

Edit: I used the OMOD version, said yes to meshes but no to face textures. If anything goes wrong, it's an OMOD so it shouldn't be too big of a deal, OCO v2 will overwrite it anyways. Also, by the end of the installation, it does ask me if I want to add Male armor replacers.

Edited by WWWEEE

And to that you said yes ... right?

- Edit - Without a compatible replacer for clothes and armor you will get weird texture problems on any exposed skin. The vanilla bodies use a completely different texture mapping than Roberts male, so the armor/clothing replacer corrects that problem.

Edited by Striker879