Different head color from body...

WWWEEE

--continuing--

About the mods you want to use now, I'm not sure about Midas Magic Spells, as long as it does not change any race stat or asset, it's safe for use.

Long time I don't use Apachii Goddess Store as a whole, I just take the resources I want from the package and put them in my game myself, but as long as I remember, it's safe with OCO. But it's a real FPS killer when you approach the Store and enter it, Apachii really went crazy adding things to the decoration.

The stutter remover is a MUST HAVE, I could not play without it. You need to experiment a little with the ini settings until you find the one most effective with your build. You will ear also about Streamline, do not use it alongside Stutter Remover, they conflict badly (and I ended up uninstalling Streamline because it caused more troubles than anything in my low-end computer...).

And...

HOORAY. You reached success and now you know far more about "modern Oblivion modding" than yesterday.

Now go and eat the world.

http://thoughtcatalog.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/tumblr_m9zw7iitej1qkh45oo1_500.gif

Go!

Cheers!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Wee!

Yeah, I see the pics now!

Yes! Those are Seamless characters! Especially the girl (she's a Breton, is she? Or a Nord?) with that fair skin is a perfect example. Nothing wrong there, all working as expected.

Now, do not forget to test thoroughly once you have added a mod, before adding another one, this way you will always know WHAT f*cked up your installation.

Mission Accomplished!

Cheers!

Woo!

Great news. I will start to test more frequently. And yes! She is a Breton.

I don't want to eat up any more of your time, but do you have any mod recommendations for me that changes story, adds things, etc..

Edited by WWWEEE

Before starting to add mods that change things, you should play the vanilla game to have a feel on how it is. At least to mid-Main Quest.

New Quest and Adventures should be installed once the Main Quest is finished, to expand your gameplay lifespan.

If your computer is powerful enough, you could think about high resolution textures (Qarl's Texture Pack 3 Redimized is the King of this), better FX effects (Oblivion Reloaded, forget about OBGE, it's outdated and OR is its successor), gameplay mechanics (Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul is the only one compatible with your current Seamless OCO installation, but it makes the game an hell of harder)...

I'm right now re-playing the Lost Spires mod, my favourite Quest mod, which I strongly recommend to you.

But one step at a time. Play some time with your game as is.

About armor and weapons pack, if you like scantily clad warrior women, you have plenty of choices, and if you prefer more realism and practicality, have a look at Nuska's Protective Armors and the expansions to this Protective series other modders added.

Oh, if you suffer from Dyogenes Syndrome, that is, you loot everything and keep everything, consider installing the Packdonkeys as Striker, or the Bag of Holding as me.

Companions are something cute, The top one is Emma's Companion Vilja, a truli sophisticated one. If you don't like a fictional character to be smarter and more intelligent than you, my own CM Partners are a good choice, especially the trustfully, loyal, reliable and always faithful Ryan.

What about being of an exotical race, like the Abysmer?

Tell us a little about your tastes, what you think the game could be improved on, and we will point you to the correct path (or right to the edge of a cliff, just for laughs).

Cheers!

LOL ... read carefully about Ryan before you subject yourself to ... err I mean enjoy his company. I do believe there's more than a little "Ike" in his character.

Even if you have played Oblivion in the past it's a good idea to play long enough to get a good feel for your machine's baseline modded performance. Also as you play and peruse the mods here you'll get an idea of what might add value to your game and what is better off left for others.

The Packdonkeys Ike mentioned are an essential part of my current character's mod list (Basic Physical Activities + Realistic Fatigue mandated a different play style), but even my prior packrat characters had them to share the loot load. They are unobtrusive and yet add a touch of realism to the whole "loot is a gold generator" thing.

Striker, you forgot to mention that the Packdonkeys, in some circumstances, can become a very useful and effective weapon of mass destruction.

Ryan's charming personality is purely accidental, I swear. Even now, with the knowledge about AI I have gained over the course of the years, I find myself unable to replicate such an infuriat... uh, I mean, lovely personality. Trust me, I have tried. Hardly.

Cheers!

I will look into more mods mid-game, Ike. This gives me some more time to enjoy the base game for it's greatness while fixing the bugs and glitches that comes with UOP and the fixes of the body and face from OCO, etc...

Well, since I have a fresh, new body, what other mods do you use for armor replacers and just some extra HGEC outfits?

WEE, I personally use very few clothing and armor replacers, other than Robert's, for my males, and Nuska's Protective armors for my females. I don't like my female warriors dressing like, let's say, mademoiselles with negotiable affection.

However, since I created the Abysmers and play almost exclusively as one of them, I use the standard Duty Uniform of the Abysmer Army, based on LittleBaron's Exotic Ayleid Armors. My Abysmer females wear the same lots-of-exposed-skin, not because you can haggle with them how much they love you, but because they are fish people and have gills in their necks and torsos, and covering these gills is a death sentence for them. By the way, approaching an Abysmer lady and asking her "How much, babe?" is a death sentence for you.

Also, I like to create my own armors, mash-uping them and so on.

But I have also a taste for stylish and even sexy clothing for both males and females. I recommend you perusing through Sinblood, Alienslof, LittleBaron, Rooms (I never remember the number he puts on his nick, as well as the one Striker uses), Chakaru11 (yay, I remember HERS!), all of them have clothing that is sexy, yet tasteful. Sinblood's Lethal Majesty outfit is a Must Have in any of my installations, and it has both HGEC and RobFem versions.

The Eyren Vampire Hunter Armor also accompanies me in all my journeys. There's a male version too, but you must find Alienslof's Lair to get it.

Roadstroker has some impressive stuff also, his Assassin's Creed costumes are awe-inspiring.

I dunno, look at all the pictures I have uploaded at the Nexus and ask for anything you see and like there.

Cheers!

Thanks, Ike! I will look at these mods. I'm not one for my girl characters to be sweet and kind, but also a warrior, but more of a tough, strong warrior with some affection when not in combat.