Different head color from body...

WWWEEE

Ya that's the case WWEE. You can use the other HGEC texture floating around out there but the neckseam won't be fixed like it is using the seam mended HGEC texture from Junkacc11.

I personally use my patented "Selective Vision" due to my prior addiction to variety in my ladies (my BanditMelee03 will not go without her More Hairy for Exnem Female EyeCandy, no matter how hard Ike tries to pry it out of my clutches ... all courtesy of one of OCO v2's prerequisites, Blockhead).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee, High-rez textures will work with OCO, but unless you use the Seamless textures provided by Juncakk and Movomo (and also the Seamless body meshes provided by Movomo), you won't get rid of that neck seam, no matter how high res quality are the textures you are using.

HOWEVER:

Try Ozmo's High-Rez textures with Movomo's Seamless body meshes. Do the following:

Install OCO v2.3 (previously, install all its dependencies).

DO NOT INSTALL OCO'S HGEC TEXTURE COMPATIBILITY PATCH.

Install the Semless Equipment for HGEC.

Install the Seamless Heads, Nuska's Edition. It comes with Seamless body textures for HGEC.

Check how your HGEC bodies look now. If you like it, skip the next step.

Then install Ozmo's textures on top of that. My Abysmer Race have no Seamless textures, but once I switched their bodies from the old meshes to Movomo's Seamless ones, and the heads to Junkacc's Seamless ones, the results were awesome. Most likely, Ozmo's High-Rez textures will also greatly benefit from the seam-mended body and head meshes.

Cheers!

EDIT: what I mean is, if you use the Seamless Series meshes, but not the Seamless Textures and you use Ozmo's textures instead, the neck seam will still be there, but barely noticeable. Look at Dorma's neck seam in this picture:

http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/101/images/44847-2-1391989456.jpg

and now look at her neck here:

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/mods/101/images/44847-1-1425779819.jpg

The textures are exactly the same in both images, but the second one uses Movomo and Jukacc's body and head meshes, and while you can still see the neck seam in the second one, the difference is astonishing.

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast

Haha! Ok so getting my back up files for oblivion ready, (glad I made some) and starting from scratch with my mods, I have time. So I'm going to be using HGEC and OCO v2. Can you help me with the order installing these files. Starting off putting all UOP's and then starting with body mods. Also, should I keep using the base or is there something else that comes with HGEC and its respected addons?

I'd go base game (Steam automatically updates you to the latest patch, 1.2.0416) then UOP and the unofficials for any of the DLCs you have, then OBSE and then Blockhead. Then follow Ike's order from his previous post.

- Edit - I recommend EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion ... it comes with a complete armor and clothes replacer (important so you don't get the weird skin on arms etc from the combo of HGEC + vanilla clothes/armor).

- Edit 2 - hehe ... +1 :ninja: for me!!

Edited by Striker879

Wee, of course we will guide you through the emergency landing, you don't need to go to the OCO page to ask for help, keep this thread open.

But, before you go bananas uninstalling and installing things, have a look at this guide.

Oops, Patchouli stench here. Let's see...

Cheers!

I recommend Universal Skeleton NIF ... it's a much improved later edition of the one included with that mod (which was my first successful mod install by the way). Use the ControlableSkeleton version unless you use a mod that requires the TotalControlableSkeleton version, in which case understand the limitations and workarounds required for that version.

Another option is the one I use ... BBB Ragdoll Breast Physics - Growlfs Skeleton which is the same skeleton.nif only with some extra "spice" added to the sauce (same deal ... ControlableSkeleton version).

Wee, no, for the Seamless Series, you NEED Growlf's Universal Skeleton. All other skeletons, including the one you mention, are outdated. Use the Controlable one, not the Total Controlable one.

All the Seamless Edition body meshes are already BBB-ready, so you only need this skeleton, the Seamless Body meshes and the BBB animations.

Look, once you have your game cleanly installed, patched, Unofficially Patched, and all, the installation order is:

OBSE. Install it manually, don't try to install with NMM or OBMM or Wrye Bash. Manually. Check OBSE is running right: start the game with OBSE enabled, make a save, exit the game, check your Saves folder: if OBSE is working, there will be a duplicate of your las savegame, with the .obse file extension.

Blockhead. Like OBSE, install it manually. All OBSE plugins must be installed manually. Check if Blockhead is working properly: Launch the game, load your last savegame, do whatever you want, then save. Exit, go to your Data\OBSE\Plugins, and check if there is a Blockhead.ini file. If it's there, all is well. If it's not there, Blockhead is not working. If there's no Blockhead.dll file in that folder, you did it wrong.

Body Replacers (Robert2 Male Body Replacer v5 and Eve HGEC Variants as Striker instructed).

The Robert2 Stock Clothing and Armors replacer (it's available as a separate download in the same page as the Body Replacer). EVE already comes with its Stock Clothing and Armor Replacer. Activate their esps (if you installed the omod versions, which I strongly recommend, they are already active by default). Run Archive Invalidation and check both body replacers are working as intended.

Oblivion Character Overhaul v2.3. Now comes a tricky part: once OCO is installed, DISABLE the body replacer esps, especially Robert's one. You can try leaving EVE active, but when using it, I also disable it. WARNING: if you installed the omod versions, OBMM will tell you to NOT disable the esps, but instead disable the WHOLE omod. Don't do that, because "disabling" a whole omod means UNINSTALLING it. Simply uncheck the esp and slap OBMM in the back of its head for being so dumb. Leave the omod installed.

Remember to put OCO's esp the last on your load order, before the Bashed Patch if you use one (rebuild it if used, forget it if you don't use it) or the very last, after the empty Bashed Patch OBMM creates by default. This is important, OCO must be the last mod in your load order.

RUN ARCHIVE INVALIDATION and test all is working fine.

Now, SKIP THE OCO V2.3 TEXTURE COMPATIBILITY ADDONS. You won't use them. You wil luse either the Seamless Textures or Ozmo's ones.

Then, install first the Seamless Equipments for Robert Males and then HGEC. Body meshes and textures are included there. Be careful to follow the provided instructions. If you don't understand them, ask here before you touch buttons like there was no tomorrow.

And as a final touch, install the Seamless heads Nuska's Edition.

Test in game. If the body textures look fine for you, then that's all.

If you want to continue using Ozmo's textures, install them right now, but ONLY THE BODY TEXTURES. Do not install the face textures, they will ruin OCO.

*me takes a deep breath*

Cheers!

Awesome! Very thorough description on what to do. Half way done installing oblivion. I'll keep you guys updated here. Couple of questions, when do i install Growlf's Universal Skeleton, and EvE has built in HGEC textures, so it's all in one? And the BBB animations coming with the seamless equipment?

Edited by WWWEEE