Girlfriend Mod

CYesmaR

Well I thought Jessi was by far the most interesting companion in FO3 - and she was a mod companion, so there is hope for FONV. Sunny Smiles as a companion is turning out quite well - and there is a new mod companion with a girl called Sonia which I am trying out.

I felt, and still feel, that FO3 was sadly lacking in personable young male companions for female characters, either vanilla or in mods, and it looks at present as if FONV is going the same way.

So I support the original poster here, and if some nice young men could be made available as companions as well as being romance interests, that would be splendid. (Or perhaps they should only become companions after a successful romance quest?)

It is possible, of course, to change an NPC's sex by console command - I tried that out with Sunny - but alas they retain the speech mode (male/female voice) of their origins.

Actually i'd say it's gone the other way around this time.

It's young men who have few options. Cass (Damn, did the maths and realised she's the wrong side of thirty, though this hardly matters cos you can make the Courier the wrong side of sixty if you so wish), arguably the best (but she's bi, which emans girls get her too) and Arcade. Thats it.

Young women have Boone if you wish to impose RP wise that while he has his problems, after his personal quests he is starting a new life with the Courier. You have Veronica who is utterly adorable and I wish was straight. Cass makes it clear she is bi if enough alcohol is involded; and lets face it, with her thats all the time, and I just take that line a a subtle hint she doesn't care either way if your a woman. Add to this that you can choose to resolve the Benny situations with a 'romantic' (I say that tentativly) ways, this gives female characters the most romantic options in the game, even between straight and not so.

I think we've gone the opposit direction from Fallout 3. Male LWs had Amata (if you wanted to play with a tragic end - with only the faint hope that she was honest when she said she would reopen the Vault one day), Clover, Sarah (what a gal; even if she was in her thirties while the LW was under twenty. Still, after BS i see this as cannon, with a whole lotta UST since she decided nothing could happen, and your part of the Pride.), and plenty of other NPCs who showed interest. Female characters got Butch, Jericho, and Charon. And Burke. Ewww. Not exacly the best lineup, though Butch wasn't such a bad option really...

Of course these are just my opinions, since any romance never goes beyond flirting. Thats what this thread is about fixing after all. :D

Edited by Alixen

There was the funny idea of a marriage system mod floating around a while back, now I'm pretty sure ya'll want this to be more serious rather than funny, but if you would like it to be more funny try looking at the two romance companions from Fo2 Dave and Mira I think, both were awful but in a funny but oh god get them away kind of way.

Davin is rumored to be "friendly" with local brahmin

The Vault wiki - Davin

And his sister Miria is well "friendly" to anything too

The Vault wiki - Miria

Ah, those were the days... I had characters that married Maria. :)

I love the new fallouts, but i got to say the olds ones had more character... and humor.

I think I mentioned it in some other thread, but the game developers only allowed off beat stuff via the Wild Wastlands perk because they didn't think the wacky stuff belonged in a game like this... WTF? Do they even know what Fallout was all about? How ignorant must these designers must be!

FO3 really lost the feel of FO1, 2, and Tactics and I never enjoyed it as a Fallout game as much as the originals. FNV has brought back much of the old stuff but still missing some. What? FO was not meant to have wacky bits? The designers need to go back to the games roots and play through it to get the vibe!

I think I mentioned it in some other thread, but the game developers only allowed off beat stuff via the Wild Wastlands perk because they didn't think the wacky stuff belonged in a game like this... WTF? Do they even know what Fallout was all about? How ignorant must these designers must be!

FO3 really lost the feel of FO1, 2, and Tactics and I never enjoyed it as a Fallout game as much as the originals. FNV has brought back much of the old stuff but still missing some. What? FO was not meant to have wacky bits? The designers need to go back to the games roots and play through it to get the vibe!

I know I mean this new fallout generation is missing out on a lot, classic fallout was funny and had good story, but the humor of the game was throughout it even in the serious parts their was something funny you could say or some npc would say something like "I hope I live long enough to see fallout 3" or "Damn how come they player always has to be WHITE? Why can't the hero be black!?" (Cafe of broken dreams guy)

I have a large thread connected to any silly ideas for mods people have, but its yet to bear fruit. (No mods from it have been made yet as far as I know.)

Anyways drop a post or make a mod if you can here:

Silly/Fun/Interesting Mods And Ideas

Bumpity. This was falling behind some.

Just so I know, does Boone ever actually ever show even tthe remotest amount of interest in a female Courier? I've actually not picked him up yet, but understand that he is basically guilt given legs and a gun over his wife. It seems unliekly that he would be interested int he Courier, but then he's a young man with his 'whole life ahead of him'. Is there even a hint that given a few years he could move on with the Courier? Both Cass and Veronica flirt, was just curious if the only straight male companion dropped any hints.

Just so I know, does Boone ever actually ever show even tthe remotest amount of interest in a female Courier? I've actually not picked him up yet, but understand that he is basically guilt given legs and a gun over his wife. It seems unliekly that he would be interested int he Courier, but then he's a young man with his 'whole life ahead of him'. Is there even a hint that given a few years he could move on with the Courier? Both Cass and Veronica flirt, was just curious if the only straight male companion dropped any hints.

I do believe there is a reminder from up high not to bump? Beware of that, don't want to see anything bad happening to the folk in such a good thread.

In FO (all of them) I alternate between male and female characters for replays. My first character in this one is female and she has had Boone with her from the start. Although he revisted the scenes that caused is dour, and they have theraputic effects upon him. It doesn't look like he will ever want another romantic partner at all, male or female.

So for romance, My female character has the option of Veronica (who is cute regardless of what the "Prettier Veronica" mod makers say), Cass if she has enough to drink (that's the impression I get?), or some casual stuff from one of the Westside hookers or Red if you have jumped through enough hoops for her. As a counseller, I'd be worried about anyone (even a wastelander) who had a dependency upon the man who shot her in the head! I have also downloaded a couple of companion mods that aren't sexually/romantically specific, one being a new female companion from Bella's Bunker (a fine mod with a complete bunker - though overstocked), and the other turned the sweet little Sunny into a follower. Possible in-game males... one is gay, the other a ghoul (I don't think ghouls breed? I don't think that part functions?)... have I missed anyone? Dogs and eyebots don't count.

But again, none of these (even the downloadable ones) have any romance options.

I do believe there is a reminder from up high not to bump? Beware of that, don't want to see anything bad happening to the folk in such a good thread.

In FO (all of them) I alternate between male and female characters for replays. My first character in this one is female and she has had Boone with her from the start. Although he revisted the scenes that caused is dour, and they have theraputic effects upon him. It doesn't look like he will ever want another romantic partner at all, male or female.

So for romance, My female character has the option of Veronica (who is cute regardless of what the "Prettier Veronica" mod makers say), Cass if she has enough to drink (that's the impression I get?), or some casual stuff from one of the Westside hookers or Red if you have jumped through enough hoops for her. As a counseller, I'd be worried about anyone (even a wastelander) who had a dependency upon the man who shot her in the head! I have also downloaded a couple of companion mods that aren't sexually/romantically specific, one being a new female companion from Bella's Bunker (a fine mod with a complete bunker - though overstocked), and the other turned the sweet little Sunny into a follower. Possible in-game males... one is gay, the other a ghoul (I don't think ghouls breed? I don't think that part functions?)... have I missed anyone? Dogs and eyebots don't count.

But again, none of these (even the downloadable ones) have any romance options.

Think i'm oaky, even though it was a bump I also had a question and relevant thing to add. I think it's if 'bump' is the whole content of the message that it's a problem.

Very true. Sucks if you play your characters as straight though and play females. Not encountered Red yet. Oh, anythign with Benny is definatly not the most normal thing, but they... as is pointe dout throughout the game someone shot you in the head and your CHASING them. Your not exacly supposed to be 'all there'. Sunny is a good option; especially if there is an flirtatious unused conversation anywere in the GECK. I unfortunatly can't bring myself to take her when I leave Goodsprings; as far as I know you can't set Cheyanne to essential, and I can't brear makign ehr leave her dog or letting her lose it. Seems cruel when she has a life in Goodsprings.

Cass and her comment on woman and drink... Personally I take that to be just her way of saying she is bi. She's practically always drunk anyway; and your sexual prefrance doesn't change when you drink, you just loose your inhibitions. When i'm drunk another guy flirting with me makes me just as icked out as when i'm sober. The inclinations need to be there in the first place. It's likely she just prefers men.

You know... on looking at the grand whole what exacly was on the various writers minds when creating Vegas? A large portion of the characters you run into that are romantically interested are sly. Companions especially. And the ones who arn't just flat out aint interested.

It's a shame about Boone; but there's always time. He's actually the youngest companion if i'm not mistaken. He's twenty-six. Cass has a good decade-and-one on him. He's still grieving and full of rage in the game; i'd dare say that given another dozen or so years and he would be ready for something. Maybe sooner if your Courier helped him with everything.