Ideas/thoughts of what Elder Scrolls 5 will be about

hlvr

First off, I would like to just post a link to the newest Elder Scrolls 5 rumour:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-23-rumour-elder-scrolls-5-in-the-works

What is says is... basically that it's in its works :)

Anyway I think I have an idea of what TES V will be about.

Basically, when you played Morrowind, you heard rumours in-game about how weak the Emperor was, and that people speculated how long it would last. In other words, it implied of something bad happening to the Empire.

Now, we all know something relatively close happened in Oblivion - a crisis for the Empire.

Well, here come's my idea: in Oblivion sometimes people talk about some rumours that some of the provinces are thinking about seceding from the Empire. Perhaps Elder Scrolls 5 will take place in one of those seceding provinces? Perhaps a war will come between the Empire and the province? That's what I think TES V will be about.

Do you have any ideas/thoughts of what Elder Scrolls 5 will be about?

I think it will feature a crossover between Tamriel and the post-apocalyptic world of Fallout 3 via a mysterious time/space portal.

Not really. Honestly though, I hope it does NOT feature Mehrunes Dagon as a behind the scenes antagonist again. I just hate it when villains don't stay beaten in a series, and I know he's been around since at least Battlespire. I imagine it will have something to do though with efforts to revive the daedric prince somehow. I'd prefer to see the game take place in a province other than the one featured in Oblivion, that way we can assume our actions in Oblivion to have meaning and not simply be overwritten by what a sequel tells us happens. I imagine, wherever it is, it will feature more varied landscapes, since people have been asking for that ever since they found out Oblivion had less variety than Morrowind. Otherwise, I have no idea what it will be.

I've heard that either Summerset Isle or Skyrim are likely candidates for the setting of the next Elder Scrolls game, though I'm really hoping that they will branch out and give us a larger world to explore, like let us explore all of Tamriel again like back in Arena. Frankly, I hope that if an Elder Scrolls V is ever released, that at the very least it doesn't follow the book sequels, because those were terrible and I was very disappointed by them. Though, it IS heavily implied that in TESV the time of the Empire will be over... if Beth decides to go along with that, I'll be very interested to see how things play out for Tamriel. Edited by Lehcar

I appreciate the Earth-like landscapes of Tamriel, however, the strange scenery of the Shivering Isles was a nice change, and I would like to see a world with some more surreal and fantastic environments. It's easy to forget Oblivion is in a fantasy world sometimes when it resembles the real world so closely.

I appreciate the Earth-like landscapes of Tamriel, however, the strange scenery of the Shivering Isles was a nice change, and I would like to see a world with some more surreal and fantastic environments. It's easy to forget Oblivion is in a fantasy world sometimes when it resembles the real world so closely.

Me too. I really hope we'll get to see the giant mushroom "trees" from Morrowind again...

Maybe if the Empire is broken apart in TESV, our hero will be involved with resolving political issues across Tamriel. That's my closest guess. Really, if it's 200 years after the evens of Oblivion, who knows what it will be about. I just hope it won't be about yet another stupid Daedric prince causing crap in mortal world. Those Daedra are getting highly annoying and tiresome. :down:

It would be wicked awesome if he or she could re-unite all the nations into the next Empire and become the next Emperor or Empress or something. Even though it's not going to happen. :P

The possibilities are endless... I just hope the finished result will be just as epically awesome as the last four ES games. If not even more epically awesome. <3

Edited by Lehcar