HOw is this possible ?

Maddy21

I got the game around 3-4 months ago and have been playing it like hell and all this while i have been playing this in very low graphics is it even lags a lot on that 800*600 without antialysing, Anisotropic filtering. I even tried downloading performance mods but it was still low FPS and laggy.. Today just for the heck f it i decided to increase my resolution and add 2* Antialysing and Anisotropic filtering. Strangely my game became a lot smoother with a lot smoother FPS rate... AM such a happy man today that i cna play my fallout 3 with better graphics :biggrin:

How in the world is this possible ? This isn't really a problem for me so this did not go into tech support...

My knowledge of PC troubleshooting is crude, but effective enough that I can fix stuff that isn't working. With that, I can explain how it's possible. PC's are just weird. That's how. I've had that very same problem with other games. In Crysis, I had crashes so frequent with all medium graphic settings that the game was basically unplayable for me. When I turned everything up to max settings it never, ever crashed again, and there was no drop in performance whatsoever, yet on low settings I could never get more than about 7 FPS. When that game came out my PC was already 3 years old, yet I knew people who had PC's they had just recently purchased with all the latest cutting edge gaming technology inside them, and they just couldn't play it on all max settings without serious performance issues. As I said, PC's are just weird.

I just asked my hubby, who knows a bit about these things, and he said if you run a game with a low resolution on a high resolution monitor, it takes extra processing power for the graphics card to rescale the imaging, causing lag. He said you should always try to run a game in a resolution as close as possible to the "native" resolution of your monitor. Might that have been a factor?

Either way, enjoy your shiny new graphics!:thumbsup: