my mods wont load into oblivion game ;(

hotclubfreak

PROBLEM SOLVED

I had the oblivion EU game so I needed the UK patch and not the VS patch. Thanks to CorrodedSoul (and shadowfen, he came up with the same idea)

I am making mods for over 3 years on Windows XP , everything works perfectly.

But now I have windows 7 and I heard that there were some problems with with oblivion.

and indeed, I had a lot of problems but then i did this:

1) I installed oblivion into c:/games/oblivion

2) I Made all oblivion, construction set and file transfers (7zip, winrar,...) progams To run as admin and compatibilty with windows XP.

3) I updated my CS with the latest patch from Bethsoft

When I now make mods with my CS and I choose them in data files when I run oblivion, Oblivion doesn't load them when I play into game.

I also transferred my mods to win XP with a Oblivion and CS that do perfectly work, the oblivion doesn't let them appear into game.

When I download mods from TESNEXUS that do work or when I use mods i made on my Windows XP, then The oblivion on Windows 7 do load them into game.

So now I know that there is something wrong with my CS and not my oblivion on Windows 7.

Oblivion CAN't read the mods that are made in my CS. So my CS saves/make them wrong.

Does anyone have a solution or a reaction on my problem? Maybe you have the same problem? please react.

Edited by hotclubfreak

But now I have windows 7 and I heard that there were some problems with with oblivion.

2) I Made all oblivion, construction set and file transfers (7zip, winrar,...) progams To run as admin and compatibilty with windows XP.

When I now make mods with my CS and I choose them in data files when I run oblivion, Oblivion doesn't load them when I play into game.

I also transferred my mods to win XP with a Oblivion and CS that do perfectly work, the oblivion doesn't let them appear into game.

When I download mods from TESNEXUS that do work or when I use mods i made on my Windows XP, then The oblivion on Windows 7 do load them into game.

So now I know that there is something wrong with my CS and not my oblivion on Windows 7.

Oblivion CAN't read the mods that are made in my CS. So my CS saves/make them wrong.

Does anyone have a solution or a reaction on my problem? Maybe you have the same problem? please react.

Get the Official Patch for your Oblivion from Bethesda. The old version of Oblivion cannot run mods created with the newer version of the Construction Set.

Get the Official Patch for your Oblivion from Bethesda. The old version of Oblivion cannot run mods created with the newer version of the Construction Set.

I get errors "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update does since file contents do not macth"

when i try to patch CS or OBLIVION

edit: thanks to corrodedSoul i could upgraded my oblivion now, thnx (i bought EU version of oblivion, so I needed EU patch)

Edited by hotclubfreak

I get errors "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update does since file contents do not macth"

when i try to patch CS or OBLIVION

When you run Oblivion, what version number does it report (display) when it starts up?

Do you have Shivering Isles installed?

Do you have the Game of the Year edition?

What is the source of your game: DVD, D2D, or Steam? (i.e. how did you install it)

Which localized version (language) do you have? (North American English and British English are not the same, btw).

One of the problems with the Official Patch(es) is that it is very very picky. If you have Shivering Isles installed for instance, you must not try the plain Vanilla patch first, but only use the Shivering Isles patch. On the other hand, the Game of the Year edition is automatically "patched" when you install the second disk (Shivering Isles) and does not need any further intervention. You must choose the same language patch to match the language of your oblivion exactly. And as far as I know, D2D sourced oblivions cannot be patched (I could be mistaken).

• 5 years later...

A lot more detail required to even start troubleshooting ... you are basically just saying "I have the game and some mods don't work".

The type of details required are how are you installing, what exactly are the mods that don't work and where do you have the game installed (and Steam) for starters.

Start your own thread for your problems instead of resurrecting a 6 year old thread, unless you can refer to steps that were taken in the old thread that you have tried as well.