Holstering...

TheRoc

I have looked through all of the mods I could think this would be in, and indeed, it may already be in the game (or a hidden/overlooked mod).

Basically as things stand I start out with a holdered weapon and then get into combat and when the fight is over --> weapon in hand --> hit weapon hotkey --> weapon vanishes --> character adopts a "C'mon, I'm ready for ya!" fisticuffs stance --> hit reload key --> character adopts a friendly, neutral stance --> hit weapon hotkey again --> weapon is holstered/slung. So, from the end of combat, that is three keystrokes. If a key doesn't activate immeadiately (like hitting the key mid action for example because you are frustrated with the time and round about way one has to holster a weapon) it can be 5-6 keystrokes.

So, can someone make a mod that goes from hand to holstered in one keystroke? If it is already in the game, I am a verteran of all the Fallout games and never found it in FO3, so I will probably never find it by myself - so can someone tell me how it is done then?

Thanks for any support or help on this (I hope) simple request.

you know, if you do a long click on R (the reload button) it will holster your weapon

no need to switch to hand and such

As I said, if I hadn't found it in game by now, I wasn't going to. This is just the advice I was seeking had it not needed a mod. I thank you very deeply for your assistance. I shall try that next time I play (though I think I had tried that, perhaps not quite long enough??

Thanks agian - kudos to you! :)

i hope it works for you

i know that it works for me, and it worked even with an un-modded, un-patched game, so it should work no matter what

Yes, you are absolutely correct. It has been there all along but missing it so early in FO3, it was set in my mind that it didn't exist - I have been playing for years not knowing it was there! LOL

Kudos had been awarded for your kind help - I love this place and the majority of people in it. :)