modding followers

daantje987

discription says all how do i create a follower

Depending on how involved/complicated you want the follower to be, it can take a lot of time and effort to create a decent follower. Have you checked out this new mod that was just released?.....I haven't checked it out as it is not for me, but it may be a way to get your feet wet.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38059

I, myself wanted to learn how to make a follower like Jessi when I started modding in FO3 and it took me months of study and learning to get something similiar created. I used the GECK wiki and looked at lots of comapnions to learn how.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

discription says all how do i create a follower

Depending on how involved/complicated you want the follower to be, it can take a lot of time and effort to create a decent follower. Have you checked out this new mod that was just released?.....I haven't checked it out as it is not for me, but it may be a way to get your feet wet.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38059

I, myself wanted to learn how to make a follower like Jessi when I started modding in FO3 and it took me months of study and learning to get something similiar created. I used the GECK wiki and looked at lots of comapnions to learn how.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

thanks il show you the mod in a few months

If you're halfway bright it should only take a few hours to make your own companion. Just look at some companion like Veronica and copy the scripts. You basically need the script, the AI packages and add the companion to the companion quest. The "Search text" function in GECK is very valuable to look where a parameter defined in some script is used or queried. Also take a look at the dialogue/topics of veronica. If you keep looking at a companion at veronica you can make your own one within hours if you just keep on copy and paste. In the end you don't do much more than changing VeronicaREF to MyCompanionREF and some other small stuff besides the copying.

If you're halfway bright it should only take a few hours to make your own companion. Just look at some companion like Veronica and copy the scripts. You basically need the script, the AI packages and add the companion to the companion quest. The "Search text" function in GECK is very valuable to look where a parameter defined in some script is used or queried. Also take a look at the dialogue/topics of veronica. If you keep looking at a companion at veronica you can make your own one within hours if you just keep on copy and paste. In the end you don't do much more than changing VeronicaREF to MyCompanionREF and some other small stuff besides the copying.

You're right....silly me....copy paste is a lot easier to do than actually learning how to script, build AI packages, add voice, dialogue and animations. But then I'm only a 1/4 bright so I do it the hard way. To each his own, I suppose.

lol. Yes, actually that's true. If you know your way around the GECK and have made a follower before I would say you could make one in a few hours. However, I wouldn't recommend copying and pasting scripts. lol. These companions are written to do very specific things. If you want your companion to do those things you can certainly borrow some parts of their scripts. But anyway, I brought my fave follower over from FO3 and had him up and running in no time (just a few hours). He's just bare bones though and nothing interesting at the moment. My new companion mod, however, that has quests, lots of packages and a ton of dialogue, a fair amount of scripting, etc, will take me at least a couple of months to write, test, polish and get put together for release. It all depends on how much of a follower you want.