Skyrim Vanilla CTD?

Lainensis

Coming back to Skyrim and decided to do a fresh install. Redownloaded the Legendary Edition and cleaned its master files. Also added the d3d9.dll and enb host since i plan to use a preset in the future. However, once I step in game it crashes. Main Menu works fine but anything after that will CTD after going through an initial loading screen. I even installed all the Unofficial Skyrim patches one time but still with no luck. The best I ever gotten was the interiors to work but once I step outside boom, CTD. I haven't attempted a ENB preset yet and I've also went into the game with 0 mods installed and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas? Let me know if you need anymore info.

Oh and if it matters Im running SKSE 1.7.2 and ENB series 0.266

Edited by Lainensis

You might need to adjust some enblocal.ini settings for ENB...check out their site for details.

If you are launching from the Skyrim Launcher, you might want to look at mod managers...NMM (Nexus Mod Manager), MO (Mod Organizer...for skyrim), TESMod (another mod manager), Wrye Bash (old school load order and BAIN (nearly the same folder structure as NMM, you can install NMM based mods with BAIN) installer, with bashed patch merged patch features)...

If you aren't sure about a "vanilla reinstall", check out The STEP site for Vanilla game cleaning.