Most Broken Companion?

pjz

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which companion is most brokenly powerful?

Boone comes closest, in my opinion. In my first playthrough, I gave him the Gauss Rifle and just let him do all the dirty work. I would never call him broken, though. He fell unconscious several times during the playthrough...although I'm not sure if that's because they were too tough for him, or because of my own neglect. I literally just stood there and did nothing while he was being ambushed by a bunch of Brotherhood paladins. :mellow: And any encounters involving Nightkin were a joke because I had Boone AND ED-E by my side. Edited by EternalStairmaster

Boone.

Every time you access his inventory, his hat will add another +5 to his critical hit chance.

What. Really?

Wow. I mean, I voted for Boone because he's just that broken anyway, but ... wow.

I voted Arcade because I could never trigger his questlines even though he liked me and I did the thing to make it so it triggers.I voted Veronica because of the thing of not teaching you the perk.Raul cause I cant figure out how to trigger his questline,Rose bugged once for me were I couldnt complete her quest.(Went to the Silver Rush and made them mad at me BEFORE I had her as a companion)

Boone I think is way to over powered, And a tad too accurate. But that explains why Boone can kill near anyone/thing with one shot.

Boone.

Every time you access his inventory, his hat will add another +5 to his critical hit chance.

This happens WITH EVERY COMPANION, it's not just Boone. It's a glitch in the engine and it exists in Fo3 as well and affects all items that have +stat/+skill bonuses. Every time you access companion inventory the bonuses stack. Give Arcade the Duster, access his inventory 20 times, use the getav console command, and watch Arcade's Guns skill rise. Or give him Boone's hat. Same thing. This is why so many people think companions are weak, but then maybe change their minds and think they're too uber.

To revert back to their normal state, you have to remove whatever item has the bonuses and then give it back...but of course then they start adding up again. The only way to avoid it entirely is to never give them items that have bonuses.

Edited by MsCrimson

I have to say Veronica is now giving me issues,She refuses to use a distance weapon(anything I give her doesnt work and I have the Vyntage better girls mod even tried the NV Veronicas robes playable and nothing) and i cant remove her hood so her hair clips into the hood and all that stuff.

I really didnt know that the stuff stacks,guess Ill be taking away that stuff that adds bonus's

The followers are ok,I like them cause theyre amusing,but some of these modded followers are better than the vanilla ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Boone is my favorite. I have him and Rex.

Me and Boone are dressed in Dragonskin Tactical Armor. Diffrent colors ofcourse, And Rex is like our little pet :D

Boone isn't " Broken " He is just a little .... Overpower. I didnt know you could give him new weapons though. Oh well.

Boone is my favorite. I have him and Rex.

Me and Boone are dressed in Dragonskin Tactical Armor. Diffrent colors ofcourse, And Rex is like our little pet :D

Boone isn't " Broken " He is just a little .... Overpower. I didnt know you could give him new weapons though. Oh well.

I had an entire team in DTOs.Raul usually ends up my pack mule.But Still Vera is broken,I have no clue why.Boones quest was bugging for a long time,Arcades still wont initiate,FINALLY got Rauls to work.Boones wont initiate no matter what I do,seems like history points arent working on Arcade or Boone now.

In FO3 I never had this much of an issue getting a follower unless my karma wasnt good enough,but then again,i hated vanilla 3 followers...

I applaud the efforts to add story to companions,but they shoulda been more bug tested

i didnt played with much of them,, as game advanced ED-E -> Boone -> Cass -> Veronica -> Rex and after game when i loaded it before point of no return i got Raul and Arcade for quests,,

i didnt somehow noticed boone to be extra strong -> i didnt gave him strong weap and he was using some shotgun or service rifle when i was using him..

but arcade with some rare laser rifle was pretty strong too

and veronica with ballistic fist & power armor onehitted almost everything

im just now checking rose with her whiskey perk, i have 100 survival and whiskey stats r H20 +75, DR +6, STR +3, Char +3 without addiction penalties, if its not overpowered i dont know what is,, + u can use add steak +3 str too..

even with 50 survival its +2 +2 and +2 steak too so now low str char looks like good choice

aer14 prototype / cass with riot SG / ED-E / slasher / whiskey / very hard difficulty max lvl and deathclaw "lair" ended up like this (there was 5x deathclaw 2x deathC mother, 2x DC Alfamale:

http://i54.tinypic.com/sy4h87.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2199i9.jpg

after i used that slasher they went down like radrouches dunno if its bugged too

Edited by peteT