Problems with Nexus Mod Manager

lordelcorion

Ok, so I downloaded the NMM yesterday, and it's been nothing but trouble from the get go.. I have a 2 TB external hard drive that I put all my games on, so I installed NMM there, started it up, and it scans my games (I have the Elder Scrolls Anthology for Steam) and it finds those without much trouble, but when I go to start managing my Oblivion mods, it configures the Install and Download folders, (or whatever they're called) and I tell it to put them on my external drive, whereupon it claims "no write access" to the location I want, the auto generated trouble shoot dialoge says "this only occurs if you put the folder in your C/:programs folder" which I did *not* do. It suggests I fix the issue by running the program as admin, which I do, and it loads (seemingly) without further issue. but once I go and download a mod or two from the site, I try to activate them with the manager, it starts installing, and then at 50%, without fail, it stops and throws an "exception" error. I've tried two or three completely different mods with the same result each time, and then when I try to uninstall or delete the mod, it crashes NMM. So what the fracking frack?!? I was running this just fine a year ago before I lost my internet and had to do a windows reinstall.. speaking of which, I'm currently running Windows 7 ultimate edition.

In general Nexus Mod Manager is a very poor choice for use with Oblivion mods, especially those older "must have" mods that were designed to be installed with the tools of the day ... Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM), Wrye Bash or manual install. My guess is you've tried to install mods that are either OMODs or OMOD Ready. The chances of NMM managing to install those without a lot of help from you is less than zero.

Further support for installing NMM should be directed to the NMM support threads.