Something to make tracking authors easier

Millenia

Short but straight to the point; I'd love to see two features which would make sharing our work much easier.

We are able to track individual files, why not add an option to track authors, too? Maybe even have a small area which has something like "Your tracked authors have uploaded X new files!".

On top of that, an easier way to share our files would be cool. At the moment the best option is to link to our profiles, but it'd be nice to be able to give a link to people that just shows my uploaded New Vegas files, for instance.

Just my two cents. Thanks in advance, if either of these is feasible!

Short but straight to the point; I'd love to see two features which would make sharing our work much easier.

We are able to track individual files, why not add an option to track authors, too? Maybe even have a small area which has something like "Your tracked authors have uploaded X new files!".

On top of that, an easier way to share our files would be cool. At the moment the best option is to link to our profiles, but it'd be nice to be able to give a link to people that just shows my uploaded New Vegas files, for instance.

Just my two cents. Thanks in advance, if either of these is feasible!

It has already been suggested ( http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/256118-track-favorite-author/ ). From the responses it appears that it was an existing feature that was removed for some reason.

resource intensive

That was the reason.

EDIT: I was positive Dark0ne had said this specifically, but I can't find it so it may not have been stated directly. Here is the announcement of the site update that included that change (look under "TRACKING CENTRE"), and here is the closest thing I could find about the the tracking system being resource intensive.

Edited by HugePinball