Should I play Witcher 1 or 2? Never Played a Witcher game ever

Hey guys, as the title implies is the story going to make such an effect on me that if I play the TW2 before 1 that I will not understand the story? Is TW2 that better of a game than 1 gameplay wise, combat, and graphically speaking?

Just got a new computer recently so playing any game on the market right now on Ultra settings is nice including the upcoming TW3. I just want to know what you guys think. I will definitely play 2 before 3 but I am just hesitant on starting 1 before 2 lol. I like story based games as long as the combat is fun and gear and equipment looks good on your character which include games like the Elder Scrolls, most Bioware games etc.

Yes I plan on using mods but not at first, not until I at least beat the game once. So what is your alls opinion?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

in my opinion if you're relly interested on the witcher universe you must play TW1, is an awesome game and you'll iniciate in this awesome world, TW1 is sooooo addictive, I managed to beat the game with all main and secondary quests in 50h.

It's true that combat is kind of horrible at the beginning, it can pull you back at first hours, but you'll habituate fast, I've come to kinda like it, ist's based on time clicking on the right moment.

I've loved this game.

You can play TW2 perfectly, because TW1 doesn't explain much of the story, just some things, but you'll come to learn some basics of the witcher if you play 1 first.

Im playing TW2 right now, awesome game.