Armour Mesh Being a Scum

billyro

Hi there.

I've been working on my first ever armour set, which is comprised of the vanilla journeyman robes and a cuirass I modelled from scratch. I got the male version to work correctly and it functions in-game with no problems whatsoever, however the female version doesn't want to work.

I managed to export the mesh properly from 3ds Max after numerous issues regarding skinning and dismemberment modifiers (I ended up redoing it completely and it worked the second time) and now I've got it into Nifskope. This is what it looks like from there (after the textures were hooked)...

http://puu.sh/gQaNR/712db90957.jpg

So yeah, it looks like it should be good to go from here on out. However, the game has an instant CTD as soon as I equip it. The CK also crashes when I load it up in the model viewer.

I did some searching around and found that a likely cause of this is that the Body Part Partitions were incorrectly named. So I checked them, and they're identical to Body Part Partitions in the original female journeyman robes (which I skin wrapped from).

I then tried updating the tangent spaces, making the skin partitions (the batch spell), stripifying all trishapes, removing bogus nodes, and sanitising the mesh... but it still crashes.

So yeah, my conclusion is that this mesh in a total arsehole. Does anyone know of anything else that I could try to fix this? Or, if anyone was willing, I could upload the mesh for diagnosis.

Thanks for all help. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just one thing, you should not need to do all those nifskope "fix" operations like sanitising, stripifying, etc, in fact they can mess up a few things, updating tangent spaces should not cause any issues though. So my recommendation is that if something is not working right go back to 3ds max, check skining, check that you have the bsdismemberment thing with the faces selected (i think having faces deselected when "closing" the modifier can cause ctds) Instead of trying to fix it in nifskope, unless the problem is your bsshaderlightingwhatever ofc.

Also make sure you are exporting right, watch this tutorial if you haven't already: