Taking a Screenshot in New Vegas

Nikova

hey I took a screenshot and I found it.Then I made it a jpg file.I tried to upload it on newvegasnexus but I realized that I had forgotten about the size of the file.How can I take a screenshot with less than size 1.5 MB??? PLEASEEEE HELLPPP!!!!!!!!!

hey I took a screenshot and I found it.Then I made it a jpg file.I tried to upload it on newvegasnexus but I realized that I had forgotten about the size of the file.How can I take a screenshot with less than size 1.5 MB??? PLEASEEEE HELLPPP!!!!!!!!!

Whatever you're using to convert the image to JPG should have a quality setting, lower that and the size will decrease dramatically. An image at 95% looks no worse than one at 100%.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bringing back up an old topic, but I found this post by doing a Google search as I have the exact same problem.

The same with the screenshot not saving and the black wall with prtscr method. Even with the steam's screenshot function, I am unable to SAVE the screenshots as it disappears as I exit the game despite the steam notification saying Screenshot Taken.

My work around was to manage the picture in-game with Steam cloud. The picture appears in the steam overlay and I uploaded it to my profile, and later saving it to my computer from there.

hope this helps others =]

Hey i tried using your method because im having this problem as well but when i pull up the overlay and try to upload it just says # of photos cannot be uploaded due to error

• 5 months later...

Hi. I was having this same problem of finding my screenshots, and I just figured out how to find them. This is an older post, so this info may already be somewhere else, but seeing as how I found this board and didn't find the answer anywhere else I'll post the answer here. I don't know about taking screenshots with the printscreen key, but if you use the F12 key then your pictures will end up in a location somewhat like this:

program files (x86)/steam/userdata/20394437/760/remote/22380/screenshots

To find the exact location on your computer is easy. At the end of your game (when using the F12 key to take pictures) after you shut down FNV a box will appear on your desktop showing the pictures you have taken. In this box is a button that says "Show Location". Click this button and you will be taken to all of your pictures. Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

Hi. I was having this same problem of finding my screenshots, and I just figured out how to find them. This is an older post, so this info may already be somewhere else, but seeing as how I found this board and didn't find the answer anywhere else I'll post the answer here. I don't know about taking screenshots with the printscreen key, but if you use the F12 key then your pictures will end up in a location somewhat like this:

program files (x86)/steam/userdata/20394437/760/remote/22380/screenshots

To find the exact location on your computer is easy. At the end of your game (when using the F12 key to take pictures) after you shut down FNV a box will appear on your desktop showing the pictures you have taken. In this box is a button that says "Show Location". Click this button and you will be taken to all of your pictures. Hope this helps.

Good info, thanks.

• 4 months later...

Yeah use Fraps. I have all my screenshots in the main FNV folder like normal with Windows 7, but that might be because I have the original steamless DVD.

There is no such thing as a Steamless DVD, all copies use Steam including the DVD.

Yeah use Fraps. I have all my screenshots in the main FNV folder like normal with Windows 7, but that might be because I have the original steamless DVD.

There is no such thing as a Steamless DVD, all copies use Steam including the DVD.

Mine doesn't? I never had to fanangle with Steam to run New Vegas.

I never even installed it. I never even knew it existed.

I just play new vegas. My screencaps show up in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fallout New Vegas. Ultimate Edition

I just play new vegas. My screencaps show up in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fallout New Vegas. Ultimate Edition

Where did you get New Vegas then? I don't know of any place where they sell copies that doesn't require Steam.

Then your copy isn't legit, all copies use Steamworks.