Pale Pass Akaviri Citadel

lupicatalum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to ask you if, since you said you knew how to put collision using Blender, you could edit the faulty tiles to have proper collision and then make the nif file working. This way you wouldn't be forced to re-do everything, the CS, and the game, would take the new mesh in place of the old.

I think I recall having read something about not using Blender collision, but NifSkope one instead, but I'm not sure what this means. Damn it, Jim, I am a physician, not an architect!

Cheers!

You know what? to hell with this tileset with all its limitations and flaws. Gildur hasnt been online since october anyway and who knows if hes comming back. I am going to read absolutely everything i can find on blender and niftools whether it applies or not and I am going to make my own tileset exactly how I bloody well want it!

Hey ... that's my hat !! I mean both of you. I wear the Sir Links-a-Lot hat frontwards and the :ninja: in the radical dude position.

Sheesh !

By the way, Striker, which thread was that where you explained our condition of ex-conjoined twins in a former life? I'm starting to lose track of all the threads the both of us have ruined so far.

I want to mention that, even now in our current, non-twins lives, psychiatrists have still a really hard time trying to determine which one of us is the Good Twin and which one is the Evil Twin. Sooner or later, one (or both) of us does something funny that flat out demolishes all their thoroughly constructed and documented theories.

But that's not what I came here to say. What was that... Oh, yes. Lupis, be sure to check out all the tutorials at the TESAlliance (follow the link I provided), I have been perusing them and there are lots of juicy information.

Cheers!

Ah ... the genetic legacy of former lives.

TES Alliance is also a good spot to get to know some of the current crop of talented modders (many of which you will see here on ocassion).

Of course. Now you need to set the texture on the nif file, and be sure the texture is in the correct format.

Also, the texture will not show in the nif file if the texture path is relative (starting with "textures"). For the texture to be visible in NifSkope, you need to set it with its absolute path (starting at C:\).

Click the flower icon next to the texture path, navigate to the file texture, click open, and if the UV-mapping is correct, then the mesh will appear textured.

Could you post a screencap of your NifSkope window, with the NiNode-Scene Root tree unfolded so we can see all the branches, especially the NiTexturingProperty?

Cheers!

By the way, you do not import it into NifSkope. You export it from Blender as a Nif file.

EDIT: TESAlliance doesn't open for me, I cannot check the tutorial from this computer!

Edited by IkeCoast