The Fade: Mouse Mod

TheShadyLady

So, I've talked to a few people on other sites about Dragon Age: Origins. The Fade was always a favored place of mine, due to the potential and various things to be done. Not to mention the obvious mystery it holds. When I first bought the game Mage Origins was the first playthrough I did, and as we all know (or most of us) that's where we meet Mouse, the disguised Pride Demon. I've noticed that there was more fans than I realized of this guy, so I thought I could ask maybe a mod could be made of him?

There are probably a lot of confused people now, as to even how Mouse could get out of The Fade, let alone with the face he has currently. Right, that sort of back story would really need to be developed, which I'm willing to do. Writing is the most popular thing I do, among online work. The only thing I cannot do is the animation, voices, anything relating to the mod minus the writing portion.

I know this sounds silly and all, but I think Mouse could of definitely had a lot of potential in the Mage Origins.

I do like the fact he just is there, giving some advice at the end of The Harrowing, but his role could be expanded. Which would definitely be interesting.

I'm still learning the whole modding thing in general, I've never made anything, only am familiar (barely) with the basics from The Sims series. Blah. But a friend of mine raised a valid point. Mouse looks a lot like Ser Gilmore, minus some changes (green eyes, clothing, etc). And aren't there some of him out there already? Again, I'm sorry ahead of time if this sounds like s***, because I'm still in the learning process. But couldn't someone use his model and make alterations? I know the process isn't easy, but I'm just posting the mod ideas I've been noticing from the people. And considering Mouse doesn't have much attention brought to him, despite the impact his character can have, I figured I'd bring it to the table. As I will be with a lot of other ideas when I hear them from others or conjure them up.

I'd love to hear feedback or any ideas you guys may have. And if there are any fans of Mouse out there leave your ideas too. I mean, I think it would be great to have him as a companion/romance interest. Actually, not just great, but interesting, more-so. I'll be sure to update this if and when more ideas come, but for now I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

Thus, I conclude with this a friend made:

Derp, derp.

Erm... Mouse is a demon. The Harrowing is all about him trying to get out of the Fade by possessing you, which is your true test. At the end of the Harrowing, he grows all huge and scary, etc. I'm thinking that is his true form. Mouse is not a real person. You could, however, have him possess someone that looks like his fake Fade form, leaving the player with an abomination companion...

Erm... Mouse is a demon. The Harrowing is all about him trying to get out of the Fade by possessing you, which is your true test. At the end of the Harrowing, he grows all huge and scary, etc. I'm thinking that is his true form. Mouse is not a real person. You could, however, have him possess someone that looks like his fake Fade form, leaving the player with an abomination companion...

I am quite aware, as are plenty of people that have played the game. We know Mouse isn't a real person, rather, he's a Pride Demon in disguise to test the mage during Mage Origins. Thanks for restating that, however, RustyBlade and Jay33721.

But, your idea is the basic idea I had in mind. If someone were to make a mod of him, story-wise, that might be the easiest to do. Have Mouse possess a body mimicking the one he used in the fade.

I think having an abomination companion could be interesting. Having Mouse as your abomination companion, well, that would just be super interesting, haha.

And thank you the the compliment on the picture, Immortality. My friend is going through a motivational poster phase, haha. I'm glad to see another fan, and would love to hear any ideas you have for this topic, or would like to perhaps see should a mod be made of him.

In any case, back to the original topic. I've been talking to a few people, some who are familiar with the game and some who aren't, and merely have an interest in demonology, or are writers that have done some pieces on that sort of thing. I figured I'd list off their thoughts and ideas.

How he gets out:

1. There was the original idea of what Jay33721 has stated, it's the most obvious and probably simplest idea out there as well. It would probably work out best, despite being a dash cliche. Nonetheless, it would serve the best, most likely. So as for how he could leave The Fade (for the most part) that would probably be best.

Of course, this part of it is still in need of ideas.

Storyline/getting him as a companion:

1. It is possible that you don't recruit him right off the bat. There could be a chase leading up to him, and then a choice to kill him or recruit him. For a warrior or rogue it would probably be just some Pride Demon/abomination on the loose. For a mage who encountered Mouse in the Fade, it would have a bigger impact.

2. Another mentioned a dream sequence where the Warden is dreaming and encounters Mouse, an attempt to possess or merely a warning that he's coming. This one was very vague with loopholes galore, but I thought she had an interesting idea.

3. There is the whole, Mouse possess a mouse, thing. Which is just hilarious in my view. He wouldn't be much of a companion combat/romance-wise. Could be there for conversations, I have no idea what kind of personal quest or quests in general he could participate in like this, aside from an adviser of sorts? Considering Prides are known for their intelligence and power, their experience could be handy. But it would be interesting, even as a separate sort of mod. A talking rat. I think that beats the nug. :P

4. A player friend of Dragon Age brought up the quest Asunder, where you piece together a Fade Beast (which appears to be a Pride) with its scattered body parts. There is always the possibility the appearance Mouse uses in the Fade could be from the last person he possessed, and there-fore, to recruit him or bring him from the Fade (etc) you would have to do something similar?

Again, these are just things conjured up during conversations of what would be interesting or fun to see within the game, relating to Mouse, of course. Again, it would also seem to vary on origins themselves, as warriors and rogues don't have it as personal encounter as much as a mage would. Nonetheless, any class that would encounter this mod would surely be thrown into some sort of new quest. I'm sure there are a lot of heads tilting at this mod, but oh well.

Ideas and feedback would be nice. Especially by those interested in this mod being done, or those that are willing to do it. :turned:

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, you might course my name for all eternity, but what if he had really possesed you? What if he is simply hidding indside you and every once in a while he let you know he is there? He might even lend you some of his power to help you defeit a common enemy (oh, there goes another quest). Either that or you could make him get trapped inside an item and do something like the talking sword there was in Baldur´s gate or the other one in Neverwinter nights 2 (Lilarcor and Enserric! now i remember their names)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait, Christmas shopping, ughs.

Thandal: Haha, very funny.

Vartoz: I like that idea, but I don't know if a mod like that could be made. And it does cancel out and romance options for people that like Mouse for that. So for this mod it wouldn't work out as well, but as a separate it would be pretty awesome. I would love to see Mouse come back like that at some point, but not for this sort of mod. It's definitely something that should stay on the list as another mod to make eventually. Good job with that one!

Is there any other ideas for a Mouse mod?

• 2 weeks later...
This is an instering idea acually mouse is a disgused demon and has a big impact on the mage player however me being a fan of demons have a alternative. What if mouse was a orign when seletected you get a custom specialsition, you look like him and have some custom spells im not implying that you should just look like him i mean BECOME him. The orign we become in the fade where you talked to the rage demon about a new mage about to take the harrowing (ment to be mage orign mage) and you talked to him with the same lines bla bla bla but when you ask him "if you let me in.." he would say yes. then your in the harrowing chamber a mutated abomination however with suprime prideish and hopefully some new blood magic spells *like turning people in abominations (acts as a pet untill death can only make two cant do it on quest essantial or bosses) and you slaughter manny templers and the mage and head templar retreat and lock you in simpley destroy the door run to the repoisitory destroy your hosts blood bottle and run into freedom from there you run into flememth and morrigan at their cabin were the main quest starts with some minour tweaks and new options like (helping uldrid,demmanding as a higher demon that the desire demon leaves the boy or help her destroy and take the town as others will response to your mutated your last ability in mouses pride specilisition changes you to him true form of pride. I know this can either sound hard or easy but im just saying things about EVERYONE missed look in the eyes of the demon mouse not the hosts. (this is something for all thoses out there who wanted to be the awesome cool mouse instead of being a compasion if u dont like or give this idea a though then just miss it out)