Renumbering saves

MidbossVyers

Right now, my saves are in the 17000s. If I wanted to change those numbers into, say, the 100s, should I just open up my save folder and change the number from, say, 17381 to 00381. Or would doing so screw up my game? Because I also have OBSE installed, there is also an OBSE file along with the vanilla ESS file. I would assume I would need to rename that one to the same name for the change to occur without bugs, right?

Right now, my saves are in the 17000s. If I wanted to change those numbers into, say, the 100s, should I just open up my save folder and change the number from, say, 17381 to 00381. Or would doing so screw up my game? Because I also have OBSE installed, there is also an OBSE file along with the vanilla ESS file. I would assume I would need to rename that one to the same name for the change to occur without bugs, right?

This should work, but if you're really not sure it would be best to try it with a single save first and then check to see if it will load properly in the game.

My saves never went higher than 51. I have a few different characters, and they were progressing normally for a while, and it used to renumber the saves when I overwrote them, but it doesn't seem to do that anymore. Not that I'm complaining, but it looks a little odd...