how do I port a mod from FO3 to FONV?

ArticTempest

I'm not really good at this but I'll try to help you as much as I can

This is how to port Armor mod..

1)Install manually mod that you want to port.(Don't use NVMM)

2)Delete any esp. or esm. given in the mod that you want to port.

3)Launch GECK.

4)Check FalloutNV.esm and set it as active file.

5)Load any interior or any other places.

6)Browse the armor section.

7)Choose any armor and right click it then choose edit.

8)Edit the ID and name it.(whatever name that you like)

9)Look for the biped model list and click edit.(the edit button is just right of it)

10)Search file for the mod that you want to port it...

e.g...

Data/meshes/(name of the folder)

11)Click Ok.If it ask to create a new form,just click OK.Don't worry about it.

12)Repeat the procedure again if you want to port other thing.

If you don't understand just PM me..

follow steps 1-11 as presented by Hafiz, but after you do step 11, open your new item (you can do the same for basically any type of item, as far as i know)

now is your time to customize the item as you see fit (change the stats, class, weight, whatever that comes to mind)

but basically Hafiz set you on the right track

just make sure that if you port a mod, don't release it unless you have permissions to do so (you probably don't want to get banned from the Nexus, right?? :biggrin:)

if you want to port something more complicated then an item, like an interior or a quest, you will need to remake the whole thing (at least as far as i know)

Okay..

Here it goes,

After you manage to make a new armor (step 10),you just have to search the new ID that you make(step 8 ) in the armor section..

After you manage to find it,drag it to any where you like it..

Edited by hafiz22

you need to put the item in the game, in order to find it (or, you can use FNVEdit to find the ID of the item, and add it through the console)

you must understand, what Hafiz explained is how to re-create the item for NV, but you still need to put the item in the game, where you want it to be (whether this be in a specific cell, modded into a merchant's inventory, added to the leveled lists or whatever else you might think of)

ok

you need to open the cell that you want (the cells are on the lower right window)

just double click on the cell that you want, and wait for the GECK to render the cell

then, find your item in the menu (the window on the left) and drag it into the cell

then just move it around to wherever you want it to be (like on a table or something like that)

save and try it in the game

for me, i usually have to do it twice, as the first time won't save the cell changes

could be that i didn't save it properly, but if you can't see the item where you have added it, try opening your plugin again, and see if it is there

if it isn't, just add it again, save, and it should work