ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

I'm having trouble with the instability of the game.

FillipeMattos

I have lost count of how many times I had to reinstall the game on Steam. My Skyrim is unplayable. I can not battle any NPC that the game has dropped to the desktop, even with a few mods installed. I honestly do not know what I should do.

I'm using the Beta build (1.7.2, compatible with runtime 1.9.32)

Perhaps this is the problem?

I also have 2133MHz RAM.

My Skyrim does not seem to adapt to these 16 GB.

-------------

780 GTX

I7 4770 3.50

16 GB DDR3 2133MHz

Edited by FillipeMattos

You should be fine with the beta version of SKSE. But you do need to have SSME if you're going to use SKSE. Have you also used LOOT to order your mods? Load order is the most important thing. LOOT will order your mods so that you can run the game safely. Your game will crash too if you've removed mods from your game. What mod manager are you using? You also seem to have a lack of solid information here. All you've really provided is your system specs and the fact that you're crashing. Can you provide more detailed info?

Every CTD can be fixed easily (usually)

1. Look at your papyrus log

2. Clean your scripts

3. Run LOOT

4. Run TES5edit

5. Uninstall any recently installed mods

6. Follow Skyrim Stability Guide

Rinse, repeat

Adjusting load order during gameplay is one thing I can recommend NOT do.

EG, run loot simply to let it sort. The object is to get a load order that fits your expectation, in doing so, you want to know what each mod does. LOOT relies on a majority of users to what works for them. They do not know nor care what your particular load order contains, only that this mod works here, etc.

I've always sorted my mods by category...UI mods up high in load, texture replacers lower; most mods fit right in the middle....

But you have to KNOW what your mods are doing in order to appropriate a loading sequence most fitting to your loading index.

(^buncha words)

The basis here is that you know what each mod does, and you can only know this by picking the mod apart before installation. Skyrim Mods are not like other game mods...Skyrim allows for so much, yet limits the mods in so many ways.

There is no set load order. Each user plays a different style, most of the time load order doesn't mean much except for missing master/priority plugin.