How Special Encounters Could Be Made

simplywayne90

Thats great I believe there is an example script earlier in this thread by TallGeeseVI, I'd like you to look over it and see if you can work with a similar type of scripts.

Also we will begin work again soon since the most prolific member of the S.E.R team has returned. ScallyWag.

Also I hope to contact CrossfireX as well.

And to any readers if you'd like to offer to make an encounter from the encounter list (Just look at some of my earlier posts) that you like then please post or contact me and I'll tell you the basic limits we have to follow so that each encounter is unique and mysterious.

Glad to be back on S.E.R everybody, please show your support with ideas, constructive critisism, and of course you can help us create encounters, areas, custom items or textures, or help design NPCs.

Later on we will begin to develop new custom user-suggested encounters after we do the originals first as a base mod.

Actually I've layed out some ideas of several different ways random encounters could be developed after the base mod is completed.

•  
  • Random Combat Encounters, Much like Final Fantasy and other RPGs where you randomly are attacked while walking, we;d set it up that your teleported to random generic battlefields with enemies, (both based on your location) This could make new challenges to Veteren players, by having these custom areas with cover, traps, perhaps even a small percentage of challenging boss' and things.
  • User-Suggested Encounters, I can imagine this would be very large, it would be an add-on to the originals and contain the most popular and funny encounters for players to experience.
  • Random Generic Areas to explore, Djmysto (creator of AWOP) mentioned he likes this idea so eventually we may work together to create generic areas to sneak around, and we'd have small generic quests like leading a patrol of troops from your perfered factions, quests on finding random objects while fighting your way through the dungeon/building.
  • Cameos from Fallout 3, An idea suggested by a few users, like meeting Uncle Leo again, meeting Harold again (They suggested that eventually his whole body would be able to move through the trees so he could travael in a sense), Seeing Sarah Lyon or outcasts, etc

Edited by simplywayne90

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an extra notice here we'd still love to have another modder member to lighten our workload, Currently ScallyWag is working on interiors, CrossFireX will likely work on finding custom armors and items that we can use to better recreate encounters, as well as NPCs, and the newest volunteer DLC124 has expressed interest in helping with scripts.

So while we can produce with our current team, More help is always welcome.

We could use

•  
  • Someone who can make exterior areas well.
  • Another NPC designer
  • Scripters are like gold to us at S.E.R
  • Eventually we will need voice actors once we've completed the base mod so not for awhile.

We don't really need texturers and modelers but If you are one and would like to help then there are some thingss we'd like to have made, but right now they're like luxuries we can't affored.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

We've decided that while this thread is fantastic, its a bit daunting to new readers so we at the S.E.R team have made several fresh discussion threads on the S.E.R file page here on Nexus.

For readers Who want to make suggestions on possible encounters and scenarios please post your ideas on

The S.E.R Suggestions And Ideas Thread. We hope to post a list of the encounters that have already been suggested soon.

For modders or anyone wanting to discuss the building and scripting of S.E.R we have

The S.E.R Development Thread to discuss with fellow modders on methods and also if modders would like to join the team.

For General discussion on S.E.R or Special Encounters from Fallouts 1, 2, and Tactics then please post on

The Fallout Special Encounters Reborn General Discussion Thread

Thanks to everyone who has posted and supported this project, We need all the support and help if you want to see us complete a great mod.

Edited by simplywayne90

• 1 month later...

I'm back everyone, I was shipped out for some time so I didn't have the time to use the internet for anything but work.

I'm not sure if Scallywag38 has announced it yet but he went and made a rather polished basic site to start with for S.E.R

http://NVser.webs.com/

Glad to be back everyone, please show support readers.