ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Situationally appropriate clothing

WrathOfDeadguy

Just a minor annoyance here- what I'd like to see are the NPCs, specifically Loghain, wear clothing appropriate to their current situation during cutscenes. It always seemed silly to me that the man is wearing his war-ready plate armor while relaxing by a fire, greeting Arl Eamon, and so forth... no matter how paranoid the guy is, it doesn't make any sense at all given how crushingly heavy that stuff really is (wearing armor to the Landsmeet makes sense, since he knows you'll probably be there, but beyond that?). What I'd like to see is for non-guard NPCs to be wearing class-appropriate clothing or light armor during cutscenes where they aren't in or preparing for combat. That's it, nothing fancy... just a minor annoyance. :)

Just a minor annoyance here- what I'd like to see are the NPCs, specifically Loghain, wear clothing appropriate to their current situation during cutscenes. It always seemed silly to me that the man is wearing his war-ready plate armor while relaxing by a fire, greeting Arl Eamon, and so forth... no matter how paranoid the guy is, it doesn't make any sense at all given how crushingly heavy that stuff really is (wearing armor to the Landsmeet makes sense, since he knows you'll probably be there, but beyond that?). What I'd like to see is for non-guard NPCs to be wearing class-appropriate clothing or light armor during cutscenes where they aren't in or preparing for combat. That's it, nothing fancy... just a minor annoyance. :)

Great idea! Others have suggested the same for your PC and Companions while "in Camp".

Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems to making this happen is that many of the cutscenes, (including MOST of the ones featuring Loghain) aren't "moddable" at all. They're pre-recorded ".bnk" files, not ".cut". or "cub" files. (These latter types create what you see on-the-fly, using the bodymodels (armour/robes/clothing) and facemorphs you may have installed.)

Basically, any scenes in which your PC does NOT appear are probably not editable, and the "raw materials" for them won't even exist within the game's files. One of the most commonly noticed examples of this is if you have a Zevran morph installed. In the scene when Howe introduces him to Loghain at the Palace in Denerim he will have the vanilla BioWare appearance, regardless of what he will look like later when YOU meet him!