Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An official server shop has been set up. The row of sell/buy signs no longer exist.

You can now trade directly to the server with gold, diamonds, netherrack, glowstone, bones, cobble and moss stone.

Zaldir - Lets see what the server's bank accounts have for you, I think there might be a little there. ;)

We wouldn't want to discourage public works! They look quite nice btw.

Update: There is now a working arena area.

As a side effect of the process I took to enable pvp in the arena, PVP is now enabled by default outside of the city area (in addition to the arena). A few notes:

1) Abuse of pvp outside the city is prohibited. If I find someone stalking people around when they leave the city they will be getting the boot.

2) Admins can (and happily will :) ) disable pvp for areas where you may wish to build outside of the city. Just let us know.

Noble and I discussed the possibility of porting our old castle (Ravenhold) into the current world. It's apparently possible. The castle and the smaller bailey around it was chunk error free and I doubt the lapis lazuli will be missed. Is it possible?

If it is, I have a copy of the old world. A bit off from the last version, but it's better than starting over. I just really want to see what the castle is when finished.

The world changed as the format changed, and half of your things will not work as craftbook is up. Another effect is that your castle could be either a mile high or below the ground. If it's even possible, I doubt it'll look pretty :(

I've been reading up on the Bukkit docs, learned a thing or two. If Ethre and you guys are interested, we could look into the possibility of coding some custom stuff for the server. Edited by Argomirr

@Pronam @ub3rman

I was looking at MCEdit, and I believe it is possible (after a conversion to 1.3 format). However I agree with Pronam that I doubt it will fit in very well.

@Arg What would you be interested in doing? I am certain there are plenty of people here with plenty of desires for features/etc, so I would be careful about opening up that can of worms too quickly (least you get swamped with requests). :)

It depends on how much the height difference is. If it's 20 blocks or less I can make a fake mountain or even a plateau for it. If I recall correctly the bailey around it wasn't too high above sea level (~5 blocks).

I think I'm done with minecraft, at least until they polish this game up a whole lot from what it is now. I'm caught in the middle of 2 extremes, I'm basically bored with building, but the survival aspect with mobs and stuff is too annoying, broken and crude to be any fun, so I'm done. I will log on in a min, and whoever is on will get my stuff.

Requesting a ban on user Danielblack. Repeating strings of bad profanity, which I will not under any circumstances repeat here.

I managed to stop him by convincing him I was a mod, but wow.

EDIT: He kept it going. Something needs to be done.

Please check server logs for ref.

Edited by CommanderCrazy