Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about, if you leave cobble under or close to water, it turns mossy?

Also, a handheld torch would be nice.

I could give the mossy cob a shot. My only concern is that it may require scanning every single bock in a chunk (which means 16*16*128 = 32,768 + calls iterations every time someone enters a chunk :P) unless I can find a more efficient way (need to look into the API some more), which is quite heavy on the server.

A handheld torch isn't possible without modifying the client, unfortunately.

On a side note, it seems quite some people are unable to build in the city. I noticed some new regions named citybigblock# were added - maybe these regions are preventing them from building?

Edited by Argomirr

Got the code down that will replace a cobblestone block with a mossy one after a random amount of time, if near water - if it's placed by a player after the plugin has been enabled. I'm looking into applying the effect to existing blocks too, but I need to find a way to do so without lagging the server first.

[EDIT]I do see one problem here: since there's an ocean right under the city, half our buildings will turn into mossy cob. :P

Edited by Argomirr

Mossy Cob. :D

To control the PVP in the city I had to flag the entire area in regions (four city block general regions - you can see which part of the city is in which region by right clicking when you have a piece of string active). They're owned by VIP - so any regular user should be able to build easily wherever they want. The only problem comes from new members (non-VIP). To build inside the walls (not applicable outside) you have to flag out a lot (remember to go up too - not just a single layer square ;) ) and set them as an owner of the lot. Then setparent the new region to the applicable cityblock region (again - seeable with string) and they should be good to go.

Okay, I'll give that a shot. :)

Btw, I've uploaded the current plugin as an attachment. It's ready for use, but replacing of existing cob has not been implemented yet. (Source code)

Edited by Argomirr

I'm giving it a go Ub3r - but am having some problems (I believe they're related to the conversion to the new map format) and right now its not looking promising.

Interesting note: I now have close to 1.25 gb of minecraft files on my computer (and more than half of those are compressed into zip files) - that's a lot of minecraft. :)

I'm testing it out right now. Your code looks nice and clean.

Thanks. ;)

Interesting note: I now have close to 1.25 gb of minecraft files on my computer (and more than half of those are compressed into zip files) - that's a lot of minecraft. :)

Whoa. How big is the server world at the moment?