Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

Something odd is happening whenever I play on the server, I seem to crash every 30 seconds, but only on the server, not single player.

I've noticed horrible jumps in memory usage locally too. Takes longer though.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I confirmed this a while ago, perhaps I should have mentioned it then.

1.2 has a nasty memory leak problem.

FPS and chunk updates both drop to 0 and CPU usage of Java goes through the roof. Most of the time requiring one to close the process.

I don't know of the cause or a fix and is very common in multiplayer.

(I've also noticed Java using 1.5GB of RAM on my computer which is far higher than what it usually uses)

I've definitely ruled out Java and RAM allocation to be the cause.

The spike comes on gradually, there may be the odd occasion when your minecraft freezes for a second, then fine for a minute, then happens again for longer until eventually it happens permanently, requiring a restart of Java.

I'd say it's an error in the code, I expect Jeb to find the problem and fix it for 1.2.4 or 1.2.5 when they're back in office.

EDIT: However, I'm currently playing on a Craftbukkit beta and so far I haven't run into a freeze today.

It could be caused by the vanilla server jar file or I may just be having a lucky day ;)

Edited by KDStudios

The spike comes on gradually, there may be the odd occasion when your minecraft freezes for a second, then fine for a minute, then happens again for longer until eventually it happens permanently, requiring a restart of Java.

A perfect description of the problems I experience.

I was doing fine today, but I wasn't traveling too far and was just mainly mining and building in the same couple of chunks. I didn't see any beta holes either...

F10 was having tons of trouble though.

I built my house near the jungle on Sunday. Yesterday and today I noticed that the only thing I can see in the jungle is floating vines. I tried to mine a few vines to see if it does anything. I managed to chop a piece of wood from an invisible tree. What is interesting is that the wood block only has textures on top of the block and if I place it on ground I can see underground. I haven't experienced any crashes though.

I built my house near the jungle on Sunday. Yesterday and today I noticed that the only thing I can see in the jungle is floating vines. I tried to mine a few vines to see if it does anything. I managed to chop a piece of wood from an invisible tree. What is interesting is that the wood block only has textures on top of the block and if I place it on ground I can see underground. I haven't experienced any crashes though.

1.2 Vanilla server generator is broken.

Relogging usually fixes that.

My thanks to SRD for alerting me to the fact that you can climb vines!

You can also climb down them even when they're not attached to a block.

They behave exactly like ladders only you can't climb up. But you can still use sneak to stay in one position.

Very handy really.

Takes an attempt or two to get used to it as it's very easy to fall through the back and die.

I have 3 beta keys for anyone who wishes to take part in the closed beta of Brick Force.

It's a game with elements of Minecraft and First person shooters.

It's a lot like Ace of Spades but a lot better in every way.

It's free to play and I believe it will be free to play upon release too.

Give it a youtube and check out the gameplay, it's very fun and highly addicting.

Still needs a bit of work but highly fun.

One drawback is that EU and US players cannot play together (yet)

Although I think we can use the US and/or EU setup to play with them... I dunno I haven't tried it.

So yeah, who's interested?