Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

Temporary fix up. I've let the server regen the entire region (-5,0 in case anyone has some sort of odd desire to know) around spawn. I'm hoping to get it repaired, but this should work temporarily to stabilize the map. Unfortunately that means that quite a bit of construction has been removed.

The planetoids map option is still on the table if this won't repair in the next few days. Other thoughts welcome too.

Never been to the far lands. Looks kinda impressive though. I'd like to try if it weren't for the lag.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the server would never survive the far lands. It can barely survive single player and that's localised!

I'd love to see the planetoids map, but there's the problem of people flying( http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gif ) and spawning objects.( http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/armscrossed.gif )

That would really ruin the fun of the map

I'm guilty of using the fly mod but I'm willing to not use it if this map comes to the server.

Very interesting to see who dies and who survives :D

I could create a large one on request as it can be a bit of pain as yoba pointed out.

Seems 5 of us are willing to try it (lostone, Silent, Me, Yoba and Ethre)

My friend sophie (epicnuts) might even join us for the ride too should it appear.

Yeah, spawn is pretty much gone. Me and KDS still have our old houses, and Genzel has one tree left. All of ub3r's castles are gone....

But yeah, I'm also guilty of flying sometimes... But it would be fun to try and survive without it. Especially if you start off on a glass planet or something :P

Spawn is almost always a tree planetoid :)

Oh wow yeah... spawn will need to be shrunk. Don't wanna spawn over the edge haha xD

Oh while I remember.

I visited the Far Lands.

Stuff that! 256 HD texture pack + Full GLSL shaders didn't quite help with the amount of lag I got.

Bloody beautiful though. Impossible to play though, I recommend against going there on a server.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/258/20110816180638.png

Maybe try the Skylands map if we're trying adventureish maps? I played it on SSP and it's pretty fun.

Edit: may be a bit small for all of us though.

Edited by Argomirr

Far too small for all of us Argo I'm afraid.

However we could try Sky islands plugin for Bukkit?

Could be a nice alternative to Planetoids, although planetoids seems more dangerous and more of a challenge.

Ps. I don't need a video. You saw my screenshot :P