FONV on Off-Line Computer???

nachtengel

is there any way to install FO NV on a internetless computer?? It's an offline game using only one player fer cryin out loud!!

OK, and now as I install f&$%ing steam (which I hate to no end) I'm told I need to "Activate (my) account" to play??? WTF?? It's a solo game you you Steam meatheads.. I'll go with a cracked/hacked game first.. uninstalling the retail version (purchased at wally world) until I'm told how to install without invasive content.

Edited by nachtengel

I play the steam version offline at will

but since you're going to get a cracked game

enjoy your ban

its coming soon.

No worries fonger - the question was.. how can I install it without steam.. did I say I was going to get a cracked game? I said I'd do that before I played a steam game.. I didn't say I was going to run out and get one tonight.. Read, young man.. and TRY to understand what's been written. Yes, fonger. I -am- older that you (If that's your real age), though you certainly didn't sound like you were fifty three when you responded to my post..

Edited by nachtengel

Install Steam, Install FoNV, Unplug - the - machine and enjoy;

ERROR

Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam, you must first connect to the Internet

[OK]

Click OK and play the game

Edited by frank lee

is there any way to install FO NV on a internetless computer?? It's an offline game using only one player fer cryin out loud!!

OK, and now as I install f&$%ing steam (which I hate to no end) I'm told I need to "Activate (my) account" to play??? WTF?? It's a solo game you you Steam meatheads.. I'll go with a cracked/hacked game first.. uninstalling the retail version (purchased at wally world) until I'm told how to install without invasive content.

I feel your pain. Believe it or not, until a year or so ago I never had an ISP. Didn't need one. But lately so many game publishers are turning to Digital Rights Management as a requirement to run their games that it does indeed feel invasive.

Granted, Fallout New Vegas can be run without the internet once you get it all installed and registered, but other single-player games like Assassin's Creed 2 for example cannot be played off-line without resorting to illegal means.

I actually own two computers, but only one is connected to a router because doing so with the other would cost me extra. Even though I have purchased a game legally, if I were to want to install said game on the second PC so my significant other can enjoy it simultaneously I would be a criminal unless I bought the game twice? Publishers might argue that they are resorting to DRM because of pirates, but the DRM is in turn creating more pirates. It's a vicious circle.

It all just sounds to me like another way for game publishers to make more money and control us, but I like being within the bounds of the law so I guess all I can do is complain and learn to live with it. It's a sign of the times that we'll all just have to get used to I suppose.