Disappearing Doors!

Tougua

I've been playing the game with a few mods fine up until now, when I was doing the dark brotherhood quest where you have to kill alvan ulvani or whatever his name is. I walked into Olav's Tap and Tack and when I turned around the door wasn't there and i was trapped!

I used console commands to tele to bruma chapel but the doors there were gone as well. What happened and how do I fix it? I checked my last 3 save files and they are all like that. I have some weapon and armour mods and my biggest one is the Better Cities one that drastically changes the look of the cities. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 8 years later...

I had Better Cities also and actually i'm sitting in the Mages Guild in Chorrol and are trapped also. Deinstalled Better Cities but did not help. I mean 8 years later you might still live to read that, not sure if you still care for that problem. Not sure what i do in 8 years.

Maybe i try playing Oblivion without Better Cities.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue with Better Cities is documented in the BC Wiki and in the mod comments section. It is caused by toggling the Open Cities option while in-game, and/or not having the correct open city .esp installed.