What are you thinking

ell46

My character, City Elf, took the job of a Grey Warden knowing that it's a death penalty. When the end came, she (and thus I) was absolutely certain that her life is forfeit. When Morrigan shot out the offer, she refused. Why? First, she had no problem with dying. She was supposed to die so many times already, starting from the Vaughan incident. And the idea of having Morrigan - out of all people - carry an Old God inside her, with her being now completely familiar with Flemeth's soul transfer strategies... No, it just seemed too much that this selfish, Social Darwinist *censored* could one day have a God's power.

So she rejected it.

Her plans were ruined by Alistair though. He insisted that he made the final blow. Alistair didn't take "no" for an answer and so he made the ultimate sacrifice. Had there been possibility in the game, my character would've committed suicide at that very moment. First ready to die, and now suddenly her love who most likely has way more motives to live kills himself in the quickest decision in history.

And, well, I also just like real sad endings.

And, well, I also just like real sad endings.

Now see, to my way of thinking you achieved an even sadder ending than you had anticipated. Well done! (Both you and BioWare. :thumbsup: )

You can leave him at the gate then you can make the US, sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

And, (as Ell and I are fond of doing) there's a "built-in cheat" that will let you deny Morrigan, save Alistair by doing as Ell recommended above) and STILL live to be "The Hero of Ferelden!" :tongue:

(But that would be in order to get the "Happy Ending", so we won't spoil it for you if you don't want to know... :ninja: )

Thandal I don't suppose you have figured out a way to get rid of HIM :sick: from camp afterwards? He is driving me up the wall in the party picker for Dark Times.

Lawlder - I hate sad endings, get far to many of those in the real world.

First time I played(HFN, relationship with Alistair), I didn't do the DR. I felt so betrayed and used! To know that was Flemeth's plan all along and Morrigan hid that from me despite the fact that we were friends and also because I kinda thought that Morrigan having an Old God baby is not such a great idea...and then what happened to Lawlder, happened to me too...Alibear took the final blow, so to speak. Then, I said, ok-ok-ok I'm going to do this, what's one night? I'll pretend it never happened, Yes I was very stupid and was in love with Alistair again and was friends with Morrigan AGAIN, I'm crazy like that. And then something happened that broke my heart: "Belive me when I say this Alistair, you will not hate this quite as much as you think" :blink: uhh...hello, I'm right here, and I can HEAR you, and you're my friend, and what you say is wrong in more ways than I can imagine....

Don't jump on me and say 'well, if you don't want to share than why do you do it' this is not about that, this is about she saying something that a friend in this position would never say, it's hard enough already! She could at least have the courtesy to say it to him in private. I would see it very normal if Morrigan was at hostile approval with the Warden, but IMHO, she saying this while being friends with the Warden is just....ugh :wacko:

You can leave him at the gate then you can make the US, sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

I know, and I have considered replaying the ending to have my character strike the final blow. But then again, I want to move my character to Awakening once I get it in a week or two.

I agree completely the whole thing sucks, I can only assume the writer is a miserable bugger or was when he wrote the script and wanted to bring everyone down one way or another and he seems to delight in adding insult on to injury ... all hail Thandal's cheat :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I didn't mind the hard choices during the game, but the closer it got to the end the worse it got in my opinion.

If it wasn't for the mods I wouldn't have enjoyed this game and would never have finished the first play though, swearing never to play another BW game, if all future BW and Mr Gaider games are going to have the same depressing endings as this one, I will be buying them.

With the two exceptions, one to get the US achievement and the other to get recruiter (Loghain did the US), I always get the happy ending because I play a polygamous male. Hey everybody, we're all getting laid! :woot:

*wonders if anyone will get the Dangerfield quote...

I know, and I have considered replaying the ending to have my character strike the final blow. But then again, I want to move my character to Awakening once I get it in a week or two.

@Lawlder; See the bottom of Post #13, above. You CAN have your cake, and eat it too.

(Oh, wait. "The cake is a Lie!" :tongue: )

@Ell; Well, I know it's possible in the Toolset, but I haven't figured out any other way to remove the (all but) worthless bugger. :verymad:

I may have to produce my very first real mod (instead of just facemorphs) to accomplish this. :laugh:

@Lawlder; See the bottom of Post #13, above. You CAN have your cake, and eat it too.

(Oh, wait. "The cake is a Lie!" :tongue: )

My interest has been awakened. Do tell me more of this "cheat".