Making mouths move for machinima, the cheap and easy way.

Anarchist86ed

No, I don't need help scripting to make mouths move.

What I do need is help making mouths move to default dialogue.

You know how when you click on some NPC's, you won't go into a dialogue options thing with them, and they'll just say something like "Hi" or "Please go away" without going into an options menu? Well, I need to get NPC's to say something generic like that so their mouths move and say that generic thing every time I click on them. Like if there's one word "HI" or something, as long as their mouth moves while saying it, it's all I need. But I don't know what a good default script is to use. The longer the dialogue the better.

I've made some NPC's from scratch, but every time I click on them I go into a dialogue option with them no matter what I do. All I need is a way for them to say something generic so their mouths move.

Or if you need another example, take new vegas. Go up to most NCR troopers and click on them. They'll say something like "We won't go quietly" and their mouths will move to that, but you won't go into a dialogue option with them.

Did that make any sense?

• 6 years later...

Can you tell what the method is?

I mean Holy s#*!, can anyone make just an tutorial?

Machinima hasn´t told me about an adio replacement and I am soo confused.

so then you figured out, PLEASE TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM DESPREATE then (when its the right word to say, I need help)

sorry for emotional outbreak but I have to know this for upcomming future.

• 3 weeks later...

Do I have to make my own dialogue or can I make it in the NPC under dialogue, because it crash when I add an topic, the fix is to pull an microphone in, but I dont have something like an microphone ;_;

You have to add it in a quest, the dialogue button on npc is just for looking at it.

And you can plug headphones / speakers into the microphone port , just takes an 8th inch jack. Microphones are pretty much just speakers themselves , that run in reverse.

So ok more problems to deal with, well i want to make an NPC mouth move but without any voice, because I prefer this. My Question is did I have to use just the other tabs? And then how can I make Lip movements without voice acting like in the Machinima Rebirth?