Another DLC trouble.

Flamyx

Hey there.

I've downloaded few files from Nexus forums (like grey warden armor, different weaps) and installed them. But they didnt show up in my inventory or in camp's shop. I did the same things earlier but it always worked.

I was trying to switch off/switch on those contents on menu but it didnt work again.

upd: also i would like to add that some of mods were installed be4 i started new char, maybe that's the problem? However i just downloaded and installed another mod (Leliana's SA armor) and it worked... But it's the only one ..

Any ideas?

Best regards, Flamyx.

Edited by Flamyx

Well, if this happened with a new character, I know that some item adding mods require that you disable them before you start a new character, making a save, enabling them and loading the save and then they appear.

Is this the problem, they don't appear on a new character or they don't appear on an already existing one?

You must deselect (uncheck) all content that adds to your inventory each time you create a new character. Make your character, save, exit, reselect (check) resume game and you have the stuff. I wish I had $1 for every time I have typed that :whistling:

You could check the mod's description or the ReadMe that came with it and see if it has an add item script attached to it, some mods do(I think most) it should start with runscript .

To do that, you need the AddItem Script - Console mod installed and the command then would be runscript additem [item's utc name] but that can be hard to find sometimes, especially if the mod maker hasn't included the names or you don't have the toolset installed and know how to use it.

An alternative would be to use the Add Any Item Visual Deluxe mod and then use the runscript getx command but be advised, it may lock your game up for a minute or two because it is going to search all your mods and bring up a window that has everything. You will then have to go through and find what you are looking for (when I do it, it brings up over 4000 items.)

If you don't have the console enabled, instructions can be found here: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console#Enabling_the_console and to make things easier use the Make CONSOLE commands visible mod.

Well, I managed to add some armor without the addItem script. For example, the Underworld and Phoenix armors have runscripts to add them, they are not 'runscript additem(item name)' they are just 'runscript Underworld_Armory' (or something like that). So maybe the mods he downloaded have those and he wouldn't need the addItem script.