Lets Talk Turkey - Body Mods

Modslave

First of all big ups to all the modders in the Nexus network, some of the finest game play never included in a retail title is largely due to all you guys so kudos to all of you.

Now me I'm a pretty skilled 3D/2D artist myself though I've got a real life project that takes a lot of my focus so I've never committed to a large mod project for TES engine games or the DA franchise.

But I find myself constantly modding and tweaking stuff for personal use and I've sort of hit a snag on something I find pretty illogical.

Ergo, lets say I wish to use say BlackBlossom's BoG D Cup Perky as my base female body model for FONV. This is just an example theres lots of great body mods but I love her texture work.

Anyways now I run into the mesh fitting issue for all stock armor meshes and I've been going through the process between Blender and NIFTools and it seems to me that there should be a batch operation script to conform armor meshes to the body mesh polyface dimensions, but I can't seem to find any documentation in regards to batch conversions for a base body model.

This leads me to believe that people are literally hand resizing mesh sets, mesh by mesh for conversion to "type 3" body styles and what not or Breeze body styles and that seems, well, a lot like unnecessary work.

Anyone got a good link explaining how to run batch mesh conversions between Blender and NIFTools? Cause I can't find one and seems like from the top level view I've got now if I wanted to convert all base FONV female/male armor meshes to use a specific body I preferred I'd either have to do it all one mesh set at a time (which I doubt is the efficient way to go about it) or I'd have to write a script from scratch in Blender that automated the processing of each mesh but that seems like it would render a lot of inaccuracies in the final export.

Anyone got any info on this slightly more arcane area of modding? No worries if no one does, I suppose I could do them individually but that really seems like it should be unnecessary.

I've wondered at such a thing as well. I know somewhere in the Poser/Daz community there exists a similar tool (fitting various clothes from body A to body B).

The quickest way I can think of is to manually go through fitting one object via lattice or cage defomer, and storing the before and after of this cage as blend shapes/morph targets. This cage w/animation could then be reused for more fittings, or at least a starting point. I don't think it would be a catch-all solution for every mesh, perhaps cage deformer supports weighting, so offending areas could easily be weighted in or out for quick adjusts before wrangling verts.