Nexus hacking

Dark0ne

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only brought up adding the change to the Registration page to cover his... um, back.

Don't get why anyone would be mad about that... I'm for him in this, not against him.

im confused

are you for the hacker? if so, you are a traitor to the site

if i misread your post i apologize with full sincerity

I only brought up adding the change to the Registration page to cover his... um, back.

Don't get why anyone would be mad about that... I'm for him in this, not against him.

im confused

are you for the hacker? if so, you are a traitor to the site

if i misread your post i apologize with full sincerity

Ha ha! No... "him" and "his" refers to Dark0ne.

Damn me and my ambiguity... I should quit while I'm behind and go back to lurking.

This would probably explain the influx of spam into my previously clean email address. Oh well! Spamcop is about to get a large delivery.

I imagine that people are buying these spammed products otherwise there would be no point. The spammer would just be losing money. Also, I think the spammers use bad grammar as an attempt to get their mail through some spam filters.

**SNIP**

**SNIP**

Does anyone on staff have any idea why this place was targeted? If you can say.

EDIT by LHammonds: Original content was removed and thus your reply to it. Sorry. As for your question, it is easy. 2 million subscribers looks like money to crooks.

I had been wondering why so many perverted offers were being sent to my email when I have never placed it on any perverted sites. At least now I know why this is happening.

I know those who run this site are very diligent about taking care of it, and I am not angry at them for this mishap the slightest. It is not difficult to delete emails from a strange address or with perverted words in the subject line, so it doesn't really bother me.

I would just like to thank you for this announcement, so now I am not worried that it was somebody just toying with me.

Keep up the good work!

Contrary to public opinion it isn't "easy" to sue someone, especially if they are in another country or even another state. Nor is it inexpensive. And people who really do sue don't tip off the other party beforehand. Huff and bluff is just that. I don't believe the staff here have anything to worry about - especially regarding US law - but I'll wager a guess for international law as well. Even the NSA/FBI/CIA/DOJ/DOD websites have been hacked and come under denial of service attacks before.

For paying subscribers all your Paypal actions are done on Paypal's site so Nexus wouldn't have that information to lose in the first place. No worries there.

I found a hidden camera video of the Script Kiddy dressed in a polar bear costume to hide his identity.

For paying subscribers all your Paypal actions are done on Paypal's site so Nexus wouldn't have that information to lose in the first place. No worries there.

Actually, PayPal gives merchants more info than that:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/Privacy_full

How we share personal information with other PayPal users:

To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or that is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified PayPal users, and whether you have verified control of a bank account are provided to other PayPal users who you transact with through PayPal. In addition, this and other information may also be shared with third parties when you use these third parties to access the PayPal Services. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable the PayPal Services.

If you are buying goods or services and pay through PayPal, we may also provide the seller with your confirmed credit card billing address to help complete your transaction with the seller.

So I was curious if any of this information is also in the stolen database... unless you mean PayPal only offers that info to the Nexus through the account tools on the PayPal site. In that case, no worries.

Having used paypal as a seller on ebay here's what I know-

Paypal is from email accounts, and bank accounts. The transactions are through them, to whatever email account and bank account that Robin has set up to receive the payments for subscriptions.

So that would be his email provider, and his banking system.

Paypal also sends you notifications via email when a transaction has been processed thru your paypal account.

So if it's being charged, you'll know it. You can also check this on paypal's website.

Now... however... IF you use the same password as you used on here, and your paypal account is tied to the same username, or email name, as what you use on here... I STRONGLY recommend changing those on Paypal as well!

Simply because they have email addresses (obviously, from the spam mail some of us are getting) and it's a no brainer for somebody to go on another site that uses email addresses as a login information and then start throwing passwords in.

Like has been stated before, too many people use the same passwords over and over and over, because they are so easy to remember.

I'm not sure they got the passwords for the sites here. BUT, better safe than sorry.

Edited by DarkeWolf