Nexus hacking

Dark0ne

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, nice. Thanks for clearing that up DarkeWolf!

No problem at all :)

Since that posted on the last page, and we've started a new one, I'm just going to repeat that. Especially for those that have the same email on PP as on the nexus sites, or might use the same password, on both sites.

Having used paypal as a seller on ebay here's what I know-

Paypal is from email accounts, and bank accounts. The transactions are through them, to whatever email account and bank account that Robin has set up to receive the payments for subscriptions.

So that would be his email provider, and his banking system.

Paypal also sends you notifications via email when a transaction has been processed thru your paypal account.

So if it's being charged, you'll know it. You can also check this on paypal's website.

Now... however... IF you use the same password as you used on here, and your paypal account is tied to the same username, or email name, as what you use on here... I STRONGLY recommend changing those on Paypal as well!

Simply because they have email addresses (obviously, from the spam mail some of us are getting) and it's a no brainer for somebody to go on another site that uses email addresses as a login information and then start throwing passwords in.

Like has been stated before, too many people use the same passwords over and over and over, because they are so easy to remember.

I'm not sure they got the passwords for the sites here. BUT, better safe than sorry.

And as Lon has suggested, Do the same for Ebay, of you use that!

Edited by DarkeWolf

**SNIP**

No but really i got all that... i just thought the numbers were to good to be true...

Anyway this blows, anyway to get OFF this spam list? cause i can't change my E-mail, to much is registered to it.

ooh and i understand this is not the Nexus's fault, **SNIP** happens and i am totally cool so no rants from me.

Keep up the good work (0_-)_b

EDIT by LHammonds: We don't need SPAM titles posted here and please refrain from the use of vulgar language. I am sure the jerk that did this is soaking up all the comments posted here...so I'd recommend not feeding the trolls...it is like giving them a badge of honor.

Edited by LHammonds

Dark0ne

Thanks this explains why i have seen so many SQL errors over the last couple of weeks. My account email has ot been compromised as far as I know. It has very limited use so any spamm will be immediately detected. Unfortunately Icannot say the same for an older account I have discontinued using except its registered log on credential. Its silly season and iexpect spam increase, so far it only been bait sham watch sales and a few counterfiet drug adds, and as with all of this bogus traffic, they end up with the federal police and blacklisting agency. Keep up the good work, and all the best for Christmas, the New Year to you, your family and the Nexus team.

DragonAviator

okay new problem - Changing email address, I keep getting The entered Email address do not match, erm, thats because its a new email address which the form asks for, you go through the I am human steps only to be thrown that error ??? - Been through it 3 times now checking I am doing everything right but get the same error ... confused.com

Until this is resolved I cannot delete my compromised email address otherwise my account here will no longer be valid. Frustrated.

Edited by Guest

As many have said, I say report him to the authorities as well. If he was so careless as to leave tracks, then his other stuff has probably been left too. Typically when someone steals emails, they make themselves hard to track. Having his internet history etc(by the proper authorities getting it from the ISP) could actually do some good. The sooner the better.(I left off some stuff so as not to reveal too much info)