⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Alistair Disappears after Landsmeet

TattKttn

:laugh: I too got burned by a mod in an unusual way recently. I was absolutely baffled when I reached a certain point in one of the official DLC (one I'd completed several times before) and couldn't progress. Absolutely stuck. There's a plot-related obstacle blocking the path and the hot-spot that was supposed to trigger and allow for opening the way just never appeared.

A Google search revealed others who had had the same thing happen. No one seems to know which mod causes this... The solution is to completely remove your "\override" folder until you get past that point. :tongue:

• 7 months later...
This is an old topic but wanted to add a solution, as I searched forums for weeks about this but not one helped. The problem most likely arises if you have an extra party member (in my case it was having Dog as my 5th companion with the extra dog slot mod). Alistair is locked in the party through this bit of story and something to do with having an extra companion when entering the lands meet buggers everything up.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is a bit late for an answer. but I guess there are ppl like me who want to refresh their memory and prepare for Da:Inquisition by replaying the previous games again. After the landsmeet when Alistair was supposed to "confort" the Warden for making him king the cut-scene comes up and the door in the dinning room opens but no one comes in. Later in Redcliff when Eamon and Riodan talk to the Wardens, Alistair takes part in the conversations but he is nowhere to be found and then when he is supposed to make a speech b4 the final battle my char shows up in the middle of nowhere and I cant do nothing but walk around the walls of Denerim. The cause of this is Extra Dog Slot (and probably the addpartymember console command) and the only way to fix it is by FIRST USING THE DOG WHISTLE IN-GAME to send the dog away and then delete the mod from both override and addins -.- sry for the long post :D i hope that at least it will help some ppl who come across this problem

Edited by blackmoonlilith

Just to reiterate, I've used EDS (and Qwinn's Fixpack) for many years, in many, many playthroughs.

Never ever had any problem with the Landsmeet.

Must be a strange interaction with some other mod(s), and I'm glad this seemed to fix things for those who have encountered the issue, :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing this problem now,and I have a question- my warden is a Ranger and has one of her summoned creatures with her when she enters the Landsmeet. Could this be the problem? Or do I need to uninstall EDS? Btw I have uninstalled several of my mods to see if this is the cause as suggested in an earlier reply,and am getting a window when I try to start the most recent save-The mods I have uninstalled need to be enabled in order for the game to open up the most recent save. The option is Force Load,only.

If the summoned creature is with her when she enters the landsmeet..... that sounds like you have a mod installed that causes summoned creatures to 'stay'. The default (if I remember) is that every time there is a load for an area, the summoned animal/creature disappears and has to be re-summoned. The 'constant summoned' mod has been known to cause a problem with the Landsmeet.

EDS .... I looked at the scripts that the author provided. EDS, by itself, doesn't seem to change Core resources. Assuming that no changes were made to the scripts associated with EDS after they were uploaded. The changes associated with EDS are complex, the coding associated with the Landsmeet is complex, and if you throw in other mods, the chances that that there will be problems increases.

Start the Landsmeet with ONLY the three standard Companions. Do not summon Dog and do not summon any creature. ONLY the standard Companions that the game allows. If that doesn't work then, yes, you are going to have to start disabling mods and forcing the load.