parents divorcing

TheCalliton

well... my mom is down the street at my dad's ex best friend's place... you can guess why

:( So sorry hun...

Same thing happened with my boyfriend's parents...except it was his dad. My parents divorced shortly after I left the house and thought it was all my fault. It wasn't though, and you have to think the same way. It will be hard...but things work out in the end.

Good news? Ahh..well my boyfriend has been working at this place he's at now for 2 months as a temp. Yesterday, they hired him on :) Now he'll be getting $11.35/hour, holiday pay, awesome benefits, and they gave him 2 vacation days right away :) Normally it takes 6 months to go from temp to being hired on, but I guess they really like him there. I knew he would get hired on fast, he's a hard worker :)

Edited by Illiad86

Hey my friend, I'm so sorry to hear this. :sad:

The good news is that sometimes this is for the best, even if it doesn't seem that way right now. It relieves the pressure for all in a very high voltage situation. No more pretending they aren't fighting, no more trying to "be good" to keep them together in case it's your fault (it's NOT in any way, shape or form). You'll learn lessons from this you never thought of (like what you DON'T want for your own future relationships, or to put your kids through). You're sad now, but it will get better.

Even better news- YOU sir are a witty (you could be called a "netwit" but the name is already taken :) ), intelligent, good person, who at your young age has been able to make friends of all ages, from all over the world. Not by doing anything other than being yourself. These friends are now here to listen, comfort and encourage you as you go through this big change in your life.

So hang in there little brother. You are capable and strong. If you wanna talk, I'm here. :yes:

Other good news? I recently found out I'm a diabetic, but in two months I've already gotten my blood glucose under control. I'm gonna live Scotty :thumbsup: So will you.

Hugs 'n' stuff-

T

You want some good news on the Nexus?

The Elder Scrolls V has been officially announced: Skyrim.

And, not to repeat all the good advice you've been given, so...Keep up your vibrations! :thumbsup:

Really?

You're going to advertise when someone is clearly hurting? You know, the least you could do is feel some sympathy.

Edited by Keanumoreira

You want some good news on the Nexus?

The Elder Scrolls V has been officially announced: Skyrim.

And, not to repeat all the good advice you've been given, so...Keep up your vibrations! :thumbsup:

that has brightened my life significantly

I'm sorry for that, it must be hard for you and your family. Look at the bright side though, you can have two birthdays and two Christmas now (I'm sorry for any offense). I have friends who have separated parents and they love that most of all, even though divorce was tough for them. Hope that cheers you up. Edited by brokenergy

My parents divorced when I was 8, it sucks when relationships don't work out, but its better that parents decide to split up if they honestly no longer love each other, it'll make your relationship with them much less tense, and they'll be happier. There's nothing worse than living in a home where your parents are constantly arguing over the smallest things.

At first, It'll feel really strange and depressing, but don't worry you'll get used to it over time. The best thing I can advise is being open about your feelings with your parents and not build up any resentment. If its your wish to visit your Dad and Mom equally, as long as both parents are considered equally eligible to care for a child, they can have joint custody and you can rotate between visiting your Dad and your Mom. Keep in mind that they both still love you, and that this is not your fault (sounds cheesy I know, but I often found myself unconsciously pondering whether it had something to do with me when my parents broke up).

Like you said, it's a good idea to get some distractions right now, if you're into books, here's some of my personal favourites that are great reads, really exciting:

Fantasy Genre:

The "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman, The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass

the "Redwall" series by Brian Jaques, tons of books in this series

Adventure:

Zorro by Isabel Allende - This is an amazing addition to the plethora of Zorro books, its packed with action, character development, change in scenery, etc

Sherlock Holmes books, any of them, most are pretty good

You could also try some video games you haven't played before, here's some that I recommend playing if you haven't already:

Team Fortress 2 - best multiplayer FPS game there is in my opinion, its both casual and intense, it has a strong class system

Age of Empires 2 - I'm not a big RTS fan, but AoE 2 is an amazing game, I've put hundreds of hours into it

Civilization 5, another amazing strategy game, unlike AoE, this is turn-based

Crysis

The Pokemon games, despite having a reputation of being immature (due to the anime being targeted towards children) are actually quite fun, you can tons of game time out of them.

You could also get a ton of movies you'd love to watch/rewatch, here's some of my favs:

V For Vendetta

Howls Moving Castle

Spirited Away

Lawrence of Arabia

The Lord of The Rings (you've probably watched this, but its an amazing trio of films, possibly the best I've ever seen)

Avatar: The Last Airbender (movie): Before everyone literally shits their pants that this is on my fav list, it's not because the movies good, but because the movie is so horribly written and badly acted that you'll find yourself laughing at it. Seriously.

The Shawshank Redemption

Escape from Alcatraz

Die Hard

300 - this movie is by no means perfect, but its still a great movie to watch, if not just for the "THIS IS SPARTA" scene.

Forrest Gump

I hope the lists were helpful :)

Good news hmm, well Calliton your the guy that got me into Tesnexus. Without you showing me round and helping me out aswell as the awesome moderators on the Nexus I probably wouldn't have even started contributing to this site. :) so there's some good news :) thanks for that.

My parents also divorced, things just weren't working out. Few years later there still great friends. My dad even comes on holidays with us and my step dad gets on with him perfectly aslong as he brings some beers up ;) :D