Not fighting

ell46

I'm sure I've seen this problem posted before, so apologies in advance, but a search brought up too many threads to look through most of them for other games.

While engaged in combat and controlling another PC I noticed that my character had stopped fighting and was standing there doing nothing, there were plenty of enemies to engaged, so I can't see that being the problem, is my game bugged or have I done something I shouldn't??? In all my playthroughs I've never had this happen before.

Umm, I know this might be silly of me because I'm sure you're very familiar with the tactics, but did you check your character's behavior in the tactics menu? The one that says agressive, ranged, passive...I sometimes forget that.

I also found this on the wiki "Click the disable tactics button on all characters then select the entire group press hold position, then move freely and then select only your main character again. Thanks CBZ" I think it's more for the ENTIRE party not attacking, but it's worth a shot.

If you pressed the "Hold Position" button, then switched onto another member of the Party at some point, your PC (or any non-controlled character) will stop engaging as soon as its current foe has been dispatched.

It also happens when the video display has lagged behind the game's internal calculations. If the critter you've designated for attack by the currently controlled character is really "already dead", but hasn't dropped yet (say, because another character is about to do a finishing move) yours will just stand there.

lorelai2009 - that's a hand bit of info thank you.

If you pressed the "Hold Position" button, then switched onto another member of the Party at some point, your PC (or any non-controlled character) will stop engaging as soon as its current foe has been dispatched.

Thandal - your a star :thumbsup: that is exactly what I've been doing, it's been a long time since I used a ranged character.

:laugh: a couple of times I suddenly thought why aren't there any arrows flying around here and the character I've taken over is getting seven shades knicked out of them, hit pause, rotate camera and there's my character standing there doing b* all, nice pose but it doesn't frighten anyone.

That and the other one, put everyone on hold rush in like a crazy thing, then realise your on your own :laugh: :laugh: that's my favourite. I did that with AD once and kept checking if anyone needed a potion, brilliant not taking much damage, tactics working, but this fight is damned hard it's like I'm fighting on my own...... Ooooops I am fighting on my own.

I'm relieved it's only a PICNIC moment.