Is Skyrim the best choice for the next game?

XanAlderon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred location for the next game

I really love northerly landscapes. The sound of footsteps crunching in snow makes for a great outdoor experience <3

I would love if they actually included realistic sounds from walking in the snow! :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As previous users' have said, snow has gotten a bit old and used, so I cast my vote on Summerset Isle. Would be nice with a change of environment even though Cyrodiil has a lot to offer, snow is one of them and that makes me less excited about this game. Doesn't mean I'm not excited though, I love TES. :)

While I like the idea of Summerset Isle, the problem with it is it's so small. I think it's the smallest province. Putting a game there would be difficult without complaints from the fanbase.

Well, that and I love alpine vistas. Dive Rock was my favourite place in Oblivion, and not just for the amusing ways to kill the Adoring fan.

Having the game take place in Skyrim might very well be a marketing decision. After all, what do you think the average (male) gamer would prefer; playing a game that takes place in a swamp populated by walking lizards or in a land populated by tall, blond warriors and ample-bosomed wenches? Oh yes, there will be blond Valkyries with huge knockers, mark my words. :|

I'm male and I prefer the walking lizards in the swamp. I Also like black and brown hair better. Also, I prefer small or medium sized "knockers" because they are more natural.

Well, my post wasn't directed at you personally and I admit I was generalizing, but the fact remains; sexy sells. You don't even have to leave the Nexus sites to see that many people obviously want sex, nudity and well-endowed women in their games. Nude mods are ranked highly among the top 100 most endorsed files, fo3nexus and nvnexus even offer prostitution mods.

My take on the game i this...

It's another Elder Scrolls game - who cares where it takes place?

I'm just grateful it's coming out (and there's dragons in it) because I've really enoyed playing Oblivion so much. A lot of people bag on Bethesda saying things like "Well their games are dumbed down now thanks to console gaming" or "Well their games feel incomplete and are full of bugs/glitches" - which IMO is unfair.

To the first I say, "If I had a game company, I'd want the whole world to play my games!" So yeah, I'd put it out for anyone who'd care to play it can play it - PC or console, either one (although, can you imagine trying to play TES:V on a Wii? :ermm: ) . Besides, it was the 360 Version of Oblivion that turned me on the the game in the first place (I had tried Morrowind on my X-Box, but is just failed to "melt my butter" you know?).

To the second I say, if a game is 100% complete, what is the point of modding it? Bethesda again, IMO, wants us to mod their games. Perhaps they use it as a gauge to see what their player want in their games and, if it is within the realm of "socially acceptable" they might incorporate it. I mean things like different armours and weapons, game effects, user interfaces, and so forth. For example, while I doubt Bathesda would ever add something from an adult mod into their game (like say, SexDarkness) they might incorporate something like Deadly Reflex (which allows dismemberment) or improved Rag Doll physics.

Look, it'll have been some 5 years since Oblivion's release when Skyrim hits the streets. I say enjoy it, cherish it, love it, play the heck out of it, and mod it up to it's eyeballs (and mod the eyeballs while you're at it). Bethesda will get to the other locations eventually - heck, they might even do a Summerset Isle DLC (like they did with Shivering Isles). Just let Bethesda do what they do and be happy they do it. I will :thumbsup:

Having the game take place in Skyrim might very well be a marketing decision. After all, what do you think the average (male) gamer would prefer; playing a game that takes place in a swamp populated by walking lizards or in a land populated by tall, blond warriors and ample-bosomed wenches? Oh yes, there will be blond Valkyries with huge knockers, mark my words. :|

I'm male and I prefer the walking lizards in the swamp. I Also like black and brown hair better. Also, I prefer small or medium sized "knockers" because they are more natural.

Well, my post wasn't directed at you personally and I admit I was generalizing, but the fact remains; sexy sells. You don't even have to leave the Nexus sites to see that many people obviously want sex, nudity and well-endowed women in their games. Nude mods are ranked highly among the top 100 most endorsed files, fo3nexus and nvnexus even offer prostitution mods.

when did nords become sexy? have seen the nords in oblivion?

Just because our particular community invests most of its time and polygons into realizing H-cup breasts does not mean that Bethesda is similarly preoccupied. They certainly didn't seem too concerned with superficial beauty in Oblivion – unless someone at Bethesda has a very skewed perspective as to what makes for an attractive face – so why do you figure they would start now?

There are a lot of differences between Skyrim and Black Marsh; what makes you assume that the sexual appeal of their inhabitants was the decisive factor?

Edited by Brianide

I must admit, I would've wanted one in Hammerfell or Highrock, but hey, can't have everything.

Besides, we don't exactly need a new game set in Elsweyr. We have Deserts of Anequina (or however it's spelled... lol). Black Marsh would've been cool too though. I remember first playing Oblivion on my Ps3, when Arch Mage Traven (Travis?) or the other dude said there was another Arcane University place in Hammerfell, so I set my marker in the middle of Hammerfell, hoping it would uncover more land like the local map. I was preeety pissed when I learned you have to turn back... lol.