Got a new laptop but when I try to use Microsoft Office 2007

I paid over a 1,000 dollars for this. I thought the laptop just comes with Microsoft office installed on it? No such key came with the laptop. I am confused. There was no CD that came with the laptop or anything with a prodcut key but I need to locate to activate Microsoft office. I am very confused. Isn't it supposed to be installed on the laptop and ready to go? :( Didn't I buy the product along with the laptop? Edited by Stardusk

usually MS Office 2007 shipped with laptop only trial edition for six month (This is OEM version and usually called student Edition) .. But what version of MS Office you have??

If Professional Edition you should get the CD and activation key too..

usually MS Office 2007 shipped with laptop only trial edition for six month (This is OEM version and usually called student Edition) .. But what version of MS Office you have??

I think it is just 2007, which would explain the problem. I guess I will have to shell out more money... :confused:

It is the 60day trial version. Most laptops have it installed, it is free for the first 60 days. If you want to use it have a look for Office 2010. If you are a student of a University or similar you can buy the Office Professional Academic (Studentversion), it is 70€ in Germany.

Edit:

For USA have a look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx

Edited by Paxan_1

I think it is just 2007, which would explain the problem. I guess I will have to shell out more money... :confused:

If you don't fancy forking out even more money why not give Open Office a try? It's free so if it's not what you want you won't have lost anything.