Hilarious Vilja-moments

xanordon

This thread is for posting your Vilja-moments - those moments when Vilja (or some other companion) responds to what you were thinking, or to an event inside or outside the game, moments when Vilja seems almost psychic! For example, someone reported that their Mum dropped a dish in the kitchen and Vilja responded "What was that noise?"

A classic case occurred this morning - My Dad came into my room, while I and Vilja were battling daedra. Dad said "Where's your Mum?" I said "I don't know!" Another daedra joined in the fight and Dad said "Are the car-keys gone from the fridge?" I said "Dad, I'm in the middle of a battle!"

Dad said "Do you know if she took her shopping-list with her?" I yelled "Dad, you're distracting me! I could get killed here!" but just then I managed to kill the last daedra with just a few health points left.

As Dad turned to go, I sighed with relief and Vilja said "That guy asks way too many questions!"

(This thread is just for Vilja moments, though. Keep using the thread attached to the files for getting help with technical difficulties, or for praising Vilja for being such a wonderful companion. Or for praising Emma for creating her, for answering every single comment so helpfully, for having a wonderful Swedish accent, or for continuing to make the best companion even better... etc etc etc. Emma doesn't want any praise for herself, of course, but she has given us all months of fun and brightened our lives with the best companion ever!)

Edited by xanordon

My character was climbing a wall ('P-Froggys Wall Climbing' mod) and after losing grip, he fell and took a great damage. With only 4 hp left and with some encumbrance, my character fatigue was in negatives "thanks" to 'realistic fatigue' mod. My idea to short that mess was to transfer all of my characters equipment to vilja in order to be able to stand up and cast restoration spells.

So there was my character nearly death and moaning, unable to move, trying to reach Vilja with his trembling hand. And she, sidestepping out of reach, says with her happiest voice, "this is actually quite fun!".

My character was climbing a wall ('P-Froggys Wall Climbing' mod) and after losing grip, he fell and took a great damage. With only 4 hp left and with some encumbrance, my character fatigue was in negatives "thanks" to 'realistic fatigue' mod. My idea to short that mess was to transfer all of my characters equipment to vilja in order to be able to stand up and cast restoration spells.

So there was my character nearly death and moaning, unable to move, trying to reach Vilja with his trembling hand. And she, sidestepping out of reach, says with her happiest voice, "this is actually quite fun!".

^ AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Of course I have collected quite a few hilarious Vilja-moments over time. I'm going to post a few of them. I'm however not so sure this is the best place for feedback on Vilja, regardless if it is praise or criticism. I think the VILJA FEEDBACK-THREAD is the most appropriate place for this, so it would be great if you changed that part of your original post :wink: (And I don't need any praise for having so much fun with my favorite-hobby, modding)

And now to some lunatic moments with Vilja:

Lunatic moment 1 - CDCooley had been working on the new script that allows you to shout combat instructions to her during a fight and I was going to try it out. So, I dragged Vilja and Wolfgang the wolf with me into the wilderness outside Bruma. We were climbing a steep mountain side when suddenly something fell over my head, tumbled down the mountain side and ended up on the ground, whimpering. Wolfgang the wolf.

I thought to myself "What on NIRN happened???"

...and then I heard a familiar voice behind me, solemnly exclaiming:

"I shouldn't have pushed so hard..."

We continued to the next fort (poor Wolfie recovered well and tagged along) where we found a bunch of daedras. As the goal with our little excursion was to try out the new script, I let the daedras attack me without defending myself, Vilja beat them up while I signaled various instructions to her.

After the fight, my character was half dead and my armor torned into pieces. I started to talk to Vilja, who said she had something serious to discuss with me. When I asked her to tell me her thoughts, she replied:

"I wish you would be more careful when you are fighting. If you are not concerned over your own life, think of me having to face the enemies alone!"

I was still laughing out loud when I closed the dialog window. She looked at my character, frowning, and instantly said: "I think we should repair our armor".

Sometimes, she really is so fun!

Lunatic moment 2 - With Vilja, one can tell her to go and sit somewhere, and she will do so - this way the player can always sit next to her as she picks chair first. Now, Vince_Bly contacted me because he had concerns about his Mountain Shack mod - a very sweet exterior house on the way to Bruma (I very much recommend it as a modest first abode or a holiday cottage). Players had reported that when their characters were sitting down, their companions would just wander off and disappear until the player stood up again. So, I promised him to test. I brought Vilja there, sat down on various chairs... and just as Vince had said, Vilja indeed tended to wander off and vanish. After several tries, I told Vilja to sit down (while I was standing) in order to see what would happen.

And indeed... she wandered off! I followed her. She went behind the house, and started to walk a small path between some bushes. After a little while, she reached... the Mountain Shack's privvy house! She opened the door, sat down on the privvy throne and exclaimed: "Finally something interesting!"

I bet that was where all other companions also had went at each occasions the players had sat down. And considering the lack of privvy thrones in Cyrodiil, I guess one has to understand if they, like Vilja, felt that they had finally found something interesting!

Edited by Emma

I was walking around the Imperial City when Vilja decided that she wanted to take the lead.

She led me out of one gate, back into the Imperial City through a different gate, back out of the same gate we had originally left through, attempted to walk off the side of a bridge (twice), and then scaled the side of a perfectly vertical tower on her horse, at which point she exclaimed "Don't look at me like that! I know exactly where we are going!"

I don't think we ever made it to wherever it was she was supposed to be leading me :laugh:

I was walking around the Imperial City when Vilja decided that she wanted to take the lead.

She led me out of one gate, back into the Imperial City through a different gate, back out of the same gate we had originally left through, attempted to walk off the side of a bridge (twice), and then scaled the side of a perfectly vertical tower on her horse, at which point she exclaimed "Don't look at me like that! I know exactly where we are going!"

I don't think we ever made it to wherever it was she was supposed to be leading me :laugh:

Hmm... if you are using a mod called Bridges of Cyrodiil, that might explain why she acts a bit erractic (understatement) when trying to lead you out of the Imperial city. It's something with the pathgrids that have been changed in some areas. Vilja cannot help it :).

Something similar happened to me: she was despeartely trying to walk through a house-static added by a mod (again, not her fault that there weren't any proper pathgrids for this), and she said also to me "Don't look at me likt that! I know exactly where I am going". I felt sorry for her, and rather than telling her to stop leading, I sort of "bumped" and "pushed her away from the house. Just as I had finished pushing and she was free to continue walking she turned to me and smile, exclaiming: "It's so nice to have you as a companion. To know that you are just a few steps behind me, ready to help out if I'm in trouble". Touché!

I'm 12 and what is this?

On a serious note, when I saw this thread I tried desperately to remember an eccentric character named Vilja in the game. Now realizing that it is a mod, I'll give it a try and see if she does anything crazy. It looks interesting.

Then it was obviously great that Xanordon started this thread :smile:. Hope you will enjoy her company! Here is a direct-link to the mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28977

Here are also a few links to screenshots that shows some of the differences between Vilja and other companions:

Vilja riding on her own

Vilja recognizes other companions...

...and sometimes even know about their stories.

She has her own opinions...

...and sometimes she knows what you are doing in an almost scary way...

...and she is very much aware of the quests you are doing.

Now YOU can go adventuring with HER

It's a very different roleplay experience to travel side by side

Edited by Emma

• 3 years later...

And after a 4-year pause the thread continues!

Found this delightful thread while trying to figure out which inn the red-headed wood elf went to, (I'm trying to get Wolfgang for the first time!) and remembered this moment:

A weapons mod (Real Swords?) added a shop near Skingrad, and while perusing their wares I quite unexpectedly found a Blue and Green Fat Suit outfit! I tried it on and sure enough, my character became all big and fat! So I thought "Vilja really needs to try this on." As soon as I put it on her a now very overweight Vilja turns to me and asks "Does this outfit make me look fat?" and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!

• 3 years later...

lmao I also got here trying to find where Wolfgang is! Years ago we should have made a uesp for mod quests!

Anyway, to answer myself, Emma-sama put the track on a very isolated inn. Its name makes it look like it's close to the Imperial City, but actually it's far from it. It's marked in red on the map, we just much probably haven't done there yet.