When in war, do we evolve?

Birrii

Philosophically speaking, I don´t think we have evolved much, or at least in a strange way. 50 mill years ago we (according to var. antrop.) lived in small groups, clans, nearly like today. If we saw somebody approaching, we would grap the nearest stick or stone and attack them.

Today we will do the same, except the stick´n stone has been exchanged with some more powerfull weapons.

Incredible intelligence, that we invented gun powder, the gun, and all that came after. Why did we not invent a way that we all could work together to enhance agriculture, make live easier, thus make wars on essential resourses unnecessary :blink:

Balagor my friend, I agree that philosophically we have really not changed much since the days of the 'killer apes', though you would have to admit that most of our technological advances have been spurred on by conflict. Whether that is advancement or no is surely a matter for debate of which I have mixed feelings over.

Sure thing, I do admit that technological advances have been spurred by conflicts; conflicts over lack of resourses. Big question is, why did we invent weapons before the plough?

Philosophically speaking, I don´t think we have evolved much, or at least in a strange way. 50 mill years ago we (according to var. antrop.) lived in small groups, clans, nearly like today. If we saw somebody approaching, we would grap the nearest stick or stone and attack them.

Today we will do the same, except the stick´n stone has been exchanged with some more powerfull weapons.

Incredible intelligence, that we invented gun powder, the gun, and all that came after. Why did we not invent a way that we all could work together to enhance agriculture, make live easier, thus make wars on essential resourses unnecessary :blink:

Balagor my friend, I agree that philosophically we have really not changed much since the days of the 'killer apes', though you would have to admit that most of our technological advances have been spurred on by conflict. Whether that is advancement or no is surely a matter for debate of which I have mixed feelings over.

Sure thing, I do admit that technological advances have been spurred by conflicts; conflicts over lack of resourses. Big question is, why did we invent weapons before the plough?

Its easier to far if you have less competition...