Holdout Weapons Scripting

oreo27

Hi everyone, I'm quoting this post as it is in the wrong section.

I've been having issues with CFWNV, none of the pistols are holdout, even though they are all listed in NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons list... and I guess scripting it is the only way to do it. The problem is, I've never made a single script, so I was wondering if someone could give me a short ''tutorial'' of it. I know where to make scripts and I figure the holdout script has same pattern for all weapons, with just 1 or 2 variables. So, could someone write it down please? Thanks in advance.

I would also like to know the same thing. I just want a simple example. Like maybe, adding the assault carbine to both lists, how can we do that through scripting? Thanks.

I would just do it in a simple quest script like this:

scn HoldoutWeaponListUpdateQuestScript

short iDoOnce

;Quest script for MyHoldOutListUpdate quest. Set quest 'start game enabled'

BEGIN GameMode

if (iDoOnce == 0)
 AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons WeapNVAssaultCarbine
 AddFormToFormList NVHoldoutWeapons WeapNVAssaultCarbine
 set iDoOnce to 1
endif

StopQuest MyHoldOutListUpdate

END

I would just do it in a simple quest script like this:

scn HoldoutWeaponListUpdateQuestScript

short iDoOnce

;Quest script for MyHoldOutListUpdate quest. Set quest 'start game enabled'

BEGIN GameMode

if (iDoOnce == 0)
 AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons WeapNVAssaultCarbine
 AddFormToFormList NVHoldoutWeapons WeapNVAssaultCarbine
 set iDoOnce to 1
endif

StopQuest MyHoldOutListUpdate

END

Hi mate, thanks for the response. However, it's not compiling properly in GECK. It won't allow me to save. I thought that adding my weapon caused the script to malfunction but I tried copy pasting your script and that still did not work. Any idea why? Thanks.

I would make sure you have the quest made, and its start game enabled. Simply making the script doesn't cut it.

Once that is verified, make a new script - make sure to set the type to quest. (If this does anything, I have no clue, but I did it in my script.)

If THAT doesn't work, I would probably kill the parenthesis from the If statement and use:

if iDoOnce == 0

Otherwise, the script is nearly identical to the one I use for my knives, which works. There is a tiny mistake somewhere and I listed the ones that pop to the front.

Hope this helps.

The amazing way to do it with NO SCRIPTING! (which isn't hard to do anyways.)

In G.E.C.K. scroll to the bottom of the "Object Window" use the filter and type NVHoldout and select "All*" then double click the formlist, then you can drag and drop all the weapons you want into it (If you don't drag and drop G.E.C.K. WILL CRASH.), then go back to "All*" and type into the filter NVImproved and repeat for that formlist. (Second one is for if your sneak lvl is above 50.)

Mainly use this way if you have multiple weapons you're adding because, otherwise scripting would be faster.

Edited by xGESPENSTx

xGESPENSTx, correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that-

If you have 2 mods, say one adds a coke to a merchant, and one adds a pepsi-

Using your method, whichever mod loads last, will be the one that appears on the merchant.

Hence the need for scripting so there is no conflict on the formlist and both objects will appear.

(We could debate mod merging but- my preference is ease of use for the larger majority of users)

That is what I have gathered atleast from reading around.