laptop touchpad issues

yungskiz

so i just installed NV on my new machine with all sorts of mods (i now have 16g ram and more vram than a game this old knows what to do with :D) but im having some camera issues.

i cant "turn my head" in 1st or 3rd while walking or running, and if i look around then move it locks my vision to where it was when i pushed the wasd key(s)

its a touchpad, on a laptop(not touch screen). my old toshiba did not have this issue (its only flaw is that it liked to eat hard drives and was also five years old)

i thought it might be mod related, but i plugged my external mouse in and it does not have this issue, so while this is not a game breaking bug, i prefer to use the touchpad over a mouse and im probably one in a million like that, and its also because i hotkey a lot of things to the numpad, aside from that there are 3 games where i have the numpad set up as the movement controls (8=forward, 4=left, 6=right, 2=back, 5=activate.....and for fallout i use B=activate) really hoping that this issue does not translate and that a fix for NV might help with games down the road

i can still play, it would be nice to use the touchpad......i dont have a desk to put a mouse on XD

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem, came here hoping to find a fix... Fix, I have not found, heh. Anyway, I have discovered that if you push any button other than whichever you use to move forwards (W, in my case) this will restore the ability to look around whilst moving. Not sure exactly which buttons do/don't 'unlock' the camera, but it would seem most letter keys do, and the shift key (which is sprint, for me).

Well, I've no experience with these things, but I might try some basic experimentation and see if I get anywhere. Maybe I'll just BluTac a piece of plastic to my keyboard linking the W key to the Q key...

Ok, a few things... Using auto-move (Q by default) lets you look around immediately when you start moving, although navigating the game world using only auto-move is an awkward ordeal. I'd go as far as to say it isn't worth it.

I have found, however, that the issue does not lie with Fallout, nor any game. It lies with the laptop itself. I've found that holding down any single key on my laptop keyboard disables the touchpad, and therefore this issue affects all games, and... Well, everything. I've not been able to find a solution to the problem, rather, I've had to use a mouse.

On your touchpad, are the buttons that correspond to the right and left buttons on a mouse physically separated/distinguished from the touch-sensitive area? They aren't on my laptop, and therefore I can't aim and shoot simultaneously, as the laptop will only recognise either right or left being activated at any one time, and not both simultaneously. It's a stab in the dark, but perhaps there's a connection.