What System Do You Recommend?

MadMike710

Yes I know Skyrim isn't out yet but I'm thinking ahead. I want to be able to play and mod Skyrim when it comes out and also play Oblivion to its max potential.

I am looking for 40-60 FPS on average.

Which system do you recommend could do this (on a budget - less than £700).

EDIT: Also if you don't mind could you please post here if you have a good frame-rate with little to no stuttering. Please post your specs so I know what to look for. :)

The only "prebuilt" machines for gaming I could recommend are unfortunately out of that budget, though not necessarily by too much. Falcon Northwest and Sager are the only companies that come to mind that I'd personally be willing to spend to have pre-built. Alienware's rep took a big hit after Dell took them over. Otherwise you're better off building your own, and honestly, if you're really into your games, you should be learning the tricks of the trade. Considering all the troubleshooting one is likely to do as a PC Gamer, learning to build and maintain your own rig(s) only makes sense.

Also all you need is 30fps (eye sees about 28fps as fluid if I remember correctly), the key is keeping said frame rate from dropping to below that. Of course, any game that can do 30fps in all conditions is effectively going to run higher than that unless you lock in fps limits.

I don't know about you, but I can easily tell the difference in framerates up to 60.

I'm happy with a steady 30, meaning no drops/surges. I'm used to being behind on the curve, so by the time I'm getting "good" framerates I've probably stopped playing said game. But you're right, with computers, beyond 30fps can still be discernible for some if not most. But as its not unheard of for me to be below 30fps, I can state that 24-30 is a major breakpoint. Below that its painfully noticeable.

Yes I know Skyrim isn't out yet but I'm thinking ahead. I want to be able to play and mod Skyrim when it comes out and also play Oblivion to its max potential.

I am looking for 40-60 FPS on average.

Which system do you recommend could do this (on a budget - less than £700).

EDIT: Also if you don't mind could you please post here if you have a good frame-rate with little to no stuttering. Please post your specs so I know what to look for. :)

The only "prebuilt" machines for gaming I could recommend are unfortunately out of that budget, though not necessarily by too much. Falcon Northwest and Sager are the only companies that come to mind that I'd personally be willing to spend to have pre-built. Alienware's rep took a big hit after Dell took them over. Otherwise you're better off building your own, and honestly, if you're really into your games, you should be learning the tricks of the trade. Considering all the troubleshooting one is likely to do as a PC Gamer, learning to build and maintain your own rig(s) only makes sense.

Also all you need is 30fps (eye sees about 28fps as fluid if I remember correctly), the key is keeping said frame rate from dropping to below that. Of course, any game that can do 30fps in all conditions is effectively going to run higher than that unless you lock in fps limits.

I don't know about you, but I can easily tell the difference in framerates up to 60.

I'm happy with a steady 30, meaning no drops/surges. I'm used to being behind on the curve, so by the time I'm getting "good" framerates I've probably stopped playing said game. But you're right, with computers, beyond 30fps can still be discernible for some if not most. But as its not unheard of for me to be below 30fps, I can state that 24-30 is a major breakpoint. Below that its painfully noticeable.

I guess I've been spoiled then, anything under 45 annoys me.

I honestly have no idea why someone would not build their own. You'll not only save money building, but you'll be able to upgrade in the future saving even more.

Most manufacturers are horrible as well, alienware was OK until dell bought them out.

And I've already explained, I would probably mess it up and it would be all the money I've spent on the parts down the drain. :(

I really want to build one but I am just too cautious.

Nahh it is pretty easy. You will get a manual and everything included for every single part of the computer. The only way you could f*** is... Hmm... I don't know! The hardest one is the motherboard, but your motherboard will tell you where to connect the wires. Seriosly, it is not as hard as you think.

Edited by Feltmarskal

If I were you I'd avoid buying something already built. You'll pay more for less. I built the rig I'm using now for only $1250, ordering the parts from Newegg and assembling it all myself. It's not a bad route to take if you understand computers, or in my case have friends that can help walk you through the process. Just be prepared to dedicate some time to setting it all up. You'll also need to buy an OS and other software for it, because that's typically not bundled.

Very Simple

Just post a pc with it's specs, the price, where you buy it and i will simply tell you if it's a good buy or not

I'm a computer engineer btw and my hobby is graphic cards and gaming.

Doesn't matter if it's prebuilt or not, brand or not. You cannot generalize , you just need a professional eye

Greetz

Very Simple

Just post a pc with it's specs, the price, where you buy it and i will simply tell you if it's a good buy or not

I'm a computer engineer btw and my hobby is graphic cards and gaming.

Doesn't matter if it's prebuilt or not, brand or not. You cannot generalize , you just need a professional eye

Greetz

I build PCs as a hobby lol.Pity o many computer shops have closed an now its all online.

I had seen a server boar that had 4 CPUs I think it was Octo or 6 core ready too,cant find it now lol.

back ONTO topic tho

Tigerdirect and Newegg are great places to shop.

And who knows,maybe youll like building your own PCs.