Editing the player character's voice

orcinator

I want to try replacing one of the player voices, but it seems that the files for those are scattered throughout multiple folders and I'm having a hard time figuring out which files I'd need to replace if I were to change a specific voice.

Anyone have something that can tell me which file belongs to which voice?

(also I'm looking to change one of the female voices)

Pillars Of Eternity is the game in question right? Can you give me more info on the problem?

For instance, what type are the original files, PRIOR TO their extraction process.

After files are extracted, does their format then change, before they can be saved?

(eg: .wav to .mp3) You'd need a program to "see" both, & this could be the problem here. Maybe the extraction program you use either doesn't have an option to "see" those files or doesn't have that "see" option enabled yet.

If as you say: you'd like to replace a player voice, but can't find correct ones due to tfiles being "scattered" with other audio tracks,, then it may be a simple matter of finding either the correct extraction process of those files OR an extraction program with the option to search for those "specific files types" & have them all extracted for you.

Can you see where I'm going with this? Once I get more info, I'll be better informed to know what to look for in any future searches. With regards to changing the female character's voice - same applies, it's all relative.

Hope I can further help you - Let me know.

Cheers,

JF

Pillars Of Eternity is the game in question right? Can you give me more info on the problem?

For instance, what type are the original files, PRIOR TO their extraction process.

After files are extracted, does their format then change, before they can be saved?

(eg: .wav to .mp3) You'd need a program to "see" both, & this could be the problem here. Maybe the extraction program you use either doesn't have an option to "see" those files or doesn't have that "see" option enabled yet.

If as you say: you'd like to replace a player voice, but can't find correct ones due to tfiles being "scattered" with other audio tracks,, then it may be a simple matter of finding either the correct extraction process of those files OR an extraction program with the option to search for those "specific files types" & have them all extracted for you.

Can you see where I'm going with this? Once I get more info, I'll be better informed to know what to look for in any future searches. With regards to changing the female character's voice - same applies, it's all relative.

Hope I can further help you - Let me know.

Cheers,

JF

The files are in ogg format and are just in a foler, replacing them would just involve copying over them with the new files (a mod already does this)

My problem is that I don't know which files I'd have to replace.