need some help with modeling glasses

Madhh

Hullo.

My first try in modding new vegas, and using blender. I wanted to make those goggles that hang in the republic civilians neck equipable. I managed to get it into game, and i replaced the sunglasses of the desert rangers with it to test it out. The problem is it floats in the air over the character and a bit to the right. Why is that? Please anyone help me.

First i imported a male model and aligned it on his head, no luck. Then i imported the sunglasses and aligned the two, same problem. What am i missing?

hello again

new problems arose. So i got the goggles in game, but if i make a new item using this model its really not perfect... In this screen i gave it to boone, and you can see what the problem is.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3144/boone.jpg

when i replace lets say boones shades with my model it works fine (well needs a bit of adjustment though)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9081/boone2.jpg

can anyone tell me why is that, and how do i set it up correctly?

thanks!

Had a similar problem in FO3 creating glasees with various object effects. I took a copy of a previous post related to this topic and pasted it into Wordpad for future reference. Unfortunately I never wen't back to the mod as I started work on NV. For what it's worth though this is the info that I copied:

#4 Shatterproof

• Journeyman

• Group: Members

• Kudos: 0 [+]

• AP: 38

• AP Level: 9

• AP Rank: 727

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

Figured this one out based on the above info too for my first mod I just threw together. Worked FLAWLESSLY for me. Still, use at own risk and what have you...

Download FNVEdit (nexus).

Use it to open ONLY your mod from the list (uncheck the other ones).

Under your mod, find your headgear. Click it. The right side window displays a ton of info for that item.

Scroll down until you see Male Bipedal Model. Under it MODD - FaceGen Flag might be grayed out. Right click directly to the right of MODD - FaceGen Flag and select edit.

Change all the zeroes to a single 1. That will force flag it as head gear and make it wearable. The word 'head' should appear twice next to MODD - FaceGen Flag.

You may have to repeat the process under Female Bipedal Model.

Next, (this worked for me) highlight all the other entries in Armor your mod ISN'T meant to effect, right click, and delete. Do the same in the Armor Addons.

Save it.

WHY? ... Seems like modding new headgear in G.E.C.K forces entries to be unflagged and updating facegen data turns all headgear that was flagged to unflagged and that which is unflagged to flagged. FLAG FLAG FLAG (lol).

By removing all the other armor entires from your .esp in FNVEdit, you stop your mod from pointing to ALL headgear and make it the FLAGGING issue only effect the item you MEANT to affect. Your force you headgear on your head and leave the rest alone haha.

Hope thats of some help.

Had a similar problem in FO3 creating glasees with various object effects. I took a copy of a previous post related to this topic and pasted it into Wordpad for future reference. Unfortunately I never wen't back to the mod as I started work on NV. For what it's worth though this is the info that I copied:

#4 Shatterproof

• Journeyman

• Group: Members

• Kudos: 0 [+]

• AP: 38

• AP Level: 9

• AP Rank: 727

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

Figured this one out based on the above info too for my first mod I just threw together. Worked FLAWLESSLY for me. Still, use at own risk and what have you...

Download FNVEdit (nexus).

Use it to open ONLY your mod from the list (uncheck the other ones).

Under your mod, find your headgear. Click it. The right side window displays a ton of info for that item.

Scroll down until you see Male Bipedal Model. Under it MODD - FaceGen Flag might be grayed out. Right click directly to the right of MODD - FaceGen Flag and select edit.

Change all the zeroes to a single 1. That will force flag it as head gear and make it wearable. The word 'head' should appear twice next to MODD - FaceGen Flag.

You may have to repeat the process under Female Bipedal Model.

Next, (this worked for me) highlight all the other entries in Armor your mod ISN'T meant to effect, right click, and delete. Do the same in the Armor Addons.

Save it.

WHY? ... Seems like modding new headgear in G.E.C.K forces entries to be unflagged and updating facegen data turns all headgear that was flagged to unflagged and that which is unflagged to flagged. FLAG FLAG FLAG (lol).

By removing all the other armor entires from your .esp in FNVEdit, you stop your mod from pointing to ALL headgear and make it the FLAGGING issue only effect the item you MEANT to affect. Your force you headgear on your head and leave the rest alone haha.

Hope thats of some help.

thanks, i will give it a shot :)