RTS vs Wasteland Defense

kalaboso

85 members have voted

1. 1. RTS vs Wasteland Defense

• 2 weeks later...
Technically the goal of the two mods are two different things, the similarity being object placement. They do work together, and both do what they say they will do. One lets you run/manage a settlement, the other lets you construct and defend a fort

well, lets see, I started with RTS... its nice if you like a lot of running all over the map trying too get all the neccessary resources, trouble getting started, not much documentation too help you get going, and a lot of BUGS still in the code. Then found Wasteland Defense, which when I started with it, it was very buggy, pretty new, but a lot of updates (sometimes updated 3 times in one day too correct bugs). Very good technical support when I started from elder.

So hands down, wasteland defense.... Build your fort, hire some guards... defend your fort.... and expand your fort with new add-ons... Who doesn't like brutal carnage and a lot of it..

Hands down I have a soft spot for RTS. Leaning curve is steeper and realistic. Things shouldn't magically pop up without some work in the wastes, but that is all about preferences really. Some folks want gear in lists and some want gear in a trunk you can't really win as a modder in that regard.

I see RTS as the father and WD as the son. Both respectable for what they do and their purposes, but imo at the end of the day arcoolka's the man. What he's done to change FO3 is nothing short of incredible.

Edited by Boone of the Wasteland