console batch files tutorial

nisen

Hi I got all excited reading the uesp console tutorial where it says you can run a batch file with a npc's RefID (the code you see on screen in console mode) to add/remove items. I was hoping it'd mean creating batch files to add and remove items from my CM partners, but for some reason copying the batch file example exactly with another npc didnt work

I was trying it on agronak gro malog and it kept saying "37ff9.additem" couldnt be found when the code I wrote in the txt file was 37ff9.additem 3b1dc 1 (which is to give him back his raiment, which I removed) Also tried changing agronak to his BaseID which is 37ff8 but got the same message. Any clue what im doing wrong?

Edited by nisen

The Oblivion console batch function is not as comprehensive as the UESP pages give the impression. For example, you can execute some commands on certain NPCs, like the Adoring Fan, but try to run the same commands on, say, Mirisa -- it doesn't work. Most issues I've come across are on the exact problem you are describing, ie. commands that require a reference other than 'Player'.

Hi I got all excited reading the uesp console tutorial where it says you can run a batch file with a npc's RefID (the code you see on screen in console mode) to add/remove items. I was hoping it'd mean creating batch files to add and remove items from my CM partners, but for some reason copying the batch file example exactly with another npc didnt work

I was trying it on agronak gro malog and it kept saying "37ff9.additem" couldnt be found when the code I wrote in the txt file was 37ff9.additem 3b1dc 1 (which is to give him back his raiment, which I removed) Also tried changing agronak to his BaseID which is 37ff8 but got the same message. Any clue what im doing wrong?

Try

prid 37ff9
additem 3b1dc 1

instead for the console.

Edited by Shadowfen

Try

prid 37ff9
additem 3b1dc 1

instead for the console.

thanks but no luck, what npc's has this worked on for you? I also tried variations of the prid command but nothing. Just to confirm, your saying in the text file to write prid followed by the npcs RefID on line one, and the rest of the details on line two?

The Oblivion console batch function is not as comprehensive as the UESP pages give the impression. For example, you can execute some commands on certain NPCs, like the Adoring Fan, but try to run the same commands on, say, Mirisa -- it doesn't work. Most issues I've come across are on the exact problem you are describing, ie. commands that require a reference other than 'Player'.

ah, so its generally unreliable on npcs, damn, wouldve been a great way to micro manage the partners; still a big help for personal use comands. thanks

Edited by nisen

ah, so its generally unreliable on npcs, damn, wouldve been a great way to micro manage the partners; still a big help for personal use comands. thanks

Have you thought about using a spell/spells to do the same thing? Not as handy as batch files would be, since you'd need to have either a lot of spells, or a complicated script. The thing is, in-game scripts have more power and control than batch files.

Have you thought about using a spell/spells to do the same thing? Not as handy as batch files would be, since you'd need to have either a lot of spells, or a complicated script. The thing is, in-game scripts have more power and control than batch files.

Hi Hickory, what kind of spells could be made to add/remove/equip specific items on npc's ? is there a mod that brings these abilities?

btw your message to the BOSS team got heard and my unrecognised mods are now on the masterlist, really appreciate you help. Its still a minor hassle dealing with "DeadlyReflex 6" beta reordering it like the author wants, needing to deactivate it prior to every BOSS check, joy :)

Edited by nisen

Its still a minor hassle dealing with "DeadlyReflex 6" beta reordering it like the author wants, needing to deactivate it prior to every BOSS check, joy :)

First, you can leave DR 6 where BOSS puts it and that's that. It works just fine. Check it in TES4Edit if you think otherwise.

Or if you're really opposed to where BOSS has it sorted and you want it somewhere else all you have to do is use the Userlist feature of BOSS. You can then arrange mods how you want without needing to worry about ordering them by hand, or where the masterlist places them. Read the ReadMe for more information. You'd be surprised what you can do with mods and utilities when you read the documentation that comes with them.

Its still a minor hassle dealing with "DeadlyReflex 6" beta reordering it like the author wants, needing to deactivate it prior to every BOSS check, joy :)

First, you can leave DR 6 where BOSS puts it and that's that. It works just fine. Check it in TES4Edit if you think otherwise.

Or if you're really opposed to where BOSS has it sorted and you want it somewhere else all you have to do is use the Userlist feature of BOSS. You can then arrange mods how you want without needing to worry about ordering them by hand, or where the masterlist places them. Read the ReadMe for more information. You'd be surprised what you can do with mods and utilities when you read the documentation that comes with them.

first thanks for the assuance that it still works well how BOSS reorders, will check it next startup. Tho with the userlist idea I allready tried that with DR6, but the userlist can only reorder unknown mods so when you run BOSS after adding to the list, it shows a message saying '...reorder ignored' or something, on account its allready known to the masterlist

Tho with the userlist idea I allready tried that with DR6, but the userlist can only reorder unknown mods so when you run BOSS after adding to the list, it shows a message saying '...reorder ignored' or something, on account its allready known to the masterlist

Negative. You can set overrides for mods that are already in the Masterlist.

You'd be surprised what you can do with mods and utilities when you read the documentation that comes with them.

Edited by Smooth613

Hi Hickory, what kind of spells could be made to add/remove/equip specific items on npc's ?

If you have to ask that, you really don't want to be messing with spells and scripts.